Ex and older brother are fighting on Facebook

Rude boy

My ex and I have been over for a year after she cheated and got pregnant behind my back, but we have been trying to be friends lately. Yesterday, she put something on Facebook to the effect of "I wish Rude and I were getting married." To which my older brother replied "If you would have kept your legs closed you would be." And how our mom (who is the sweetest woman ever) doesn't even want her around anymore. I hate social media and I don't have an account so I haven't seen it.

Needless to say a sh*t storm irrupted. People started bagging on me that I'm a dick and the Boy brothers are all assh•les and not listen to him. A few people have been backing up my brothers (my oldest brother has been likening my older brother's posts) as well, but now I have people calling me freaking out! I'm not involved! I don't want to be involved!

I don't know what to do...

Edited by Rude boy

There is nothing you can really do

You just have to tell people to mind their own business!

And tell your brother to stop the drama on Facebook

and ask your girlfriend to stop doing such a scene on Facebook

How is your daughter by the way!

• Like 1
  • Author

She's fantastic. She's really quiet and sweet, she loves me :love: she just loves to cuddle! she's got this weird habit of putting my shirts in her mouth still. She doesn't do it to anyone else and it's a little strange...

Without a single doubt the love of my life.

• Like 1
evanescentworld

My MiL once said "Don't worry about people bitching about you. They're just giving someone else a rest..."

I got a sh*tstorm on FB a few weeks ago for daring to try to help a lady with a problem she had and the whole damn face erupted.

Well ya wanna know what I did???

Nothing.

I said nothing, did nothing, didn't reply, respond or react.

Well guess what...?

Funny how a fire burns itself out when you don't add fuel....

Them folks has moved on to a new victim.... :D

Be a Possum.

They play dead and get left alone.....

• Like 1

Where Facebook is concerned:

1. Don't get involved with exes on Facebook by adding them, unless things are 100% completely over between the two of you and there's no lingering feelings.

2. Don't add your ex, ever, even if things are 100% completely over between the two of you and there's no lingering feelings.

Basically, my advice is to delete your ex from your Facebook. You two can still attempt to rebuild a friendship offline, if that is what you want.

Yet, if all you want is to add her to your digital stock of online FB friends, then I'd advise you to ignore and her FB posts when she references you. She just wants attention, and not in a healthy way if she has to advertise it to her FB friends and yours as well. She sounds like she's not over you and is using Facebook to guilt you into taking her back.

• Author

I'm not on Facebook. Mainly because of things like this. Apparently all sorts of people are jumping in and somehow I'm the bad guy. I haven't even seen this post and it's causing me a ton of grief... It's a bunch of bs!

• Like 1
I'm not on Facebook. Mainly because of things like this. Apparently all sorts of people are jumping in and somehow I'm the bad guy. I haven't even seen this post and it's causing me a ton of grief... It's a bunch of bs!

Well you're definitely not the bad guy. And it's good that you're not on Facebook to be in the middle of all that social media drama. That's all it is - drama. Your brother should not have responded to your ex's post in the first place. That's what started this whole saga. He owes you an apology. After all, your love life is none of his business, nor anyone else's who is on Facebook within your circle of friends and acquaintances. I agree. It is a bunch of b.s. Just ignore it and hopefully it will all die down.

Why is your brother friends with her on facebook when he clearly thinks so little of her? I would ask him to either delete her off FB or stop reacting to her status updates. Going off on her isn't going to help anything.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

My brother apologized to me. He explained he is sick of her trying to be the victim and everyone thinking I'm not a good father. I accepted his apology and we both established she's really overacting to nothing. I'm actually happy that he has my back because so few people do.

• Like 1