Finally moved out!

jonsnuh

So I've finally moved all of the stuff I needed and belonged to me out of my parents' house into the house I'm renting with my mom.

I couldn't stand talking to my dad and living with my mom in a house we're currently renting. A phone call with my dad just ended it when he said he wanted to cease all communication with me. The phone call wasn't even about him, and I could hear the resentful tone from his closed mind seep through the speakerphone of my cell phone.

I kept myself in check calmly throughout the entire conversation, but he constantly tried to talk over me and made no sense when there were clear fallacious weaknesses in his points (this was just about how the discussion was to proceed). For instance, I told him to calm down and take a breath and to keep his anger in check, when he was obviously biased from taking my mom's perspective before continuing. As an afterthought, he probably thought he could change my mind and jedi-mind trick his way through by accepting his awesome authority as a father by convincing me that I was wrong, when I was trying to offer a more balanced view about MY lifestyle.

Yeesh.

Yeah, I admit I can be spiteful. I think there comes a point where crossing the boundaries about my lifestyle, telling me what I can't do, and using that position as a parent to be ignorant and power-trip... I can't work with someone like that.

The next step is securing a place away from my mom near where I work, downtown. The great thing is that there is public transit and I will be completely independent from carpooling with my mom. An important lesson I learned, is that there is always a price for freedom. But it only makes working hard and earning my living all the more worthwhile.

• Like 1

Hey congrats on your move. I know it was hard and it's too bad about your father but you have to do what you have to do, to take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hey congrats on your move. I know it was hard and it's too bad about your father but you have to do what you have to do, to take care of yourself.

Thanks! It was about time that I physically detach myself from my hometown, to be without that false sense of a safety net. Besides, moving all my stuff helped me realize that I have waaaay too much stuff that I've accumulated throughout the years.

I could see through why my father wanted ways the way he wanted. Now my mom's trying to guilt trip me. All I've asked is for her to leave me alone. I really hope she doesn't mess with my work and screw it over being the bitch she really is. Talking behind my back and destroying my reputation, I've finally understood why I am not eager to place my trust on people, while being readily available to do so. I feel both comfortable being in my own room, and would rather go out and meet new people.

A big plus is that I am much more concerned about my personal finances. I've mapped out a budget in my mind, and figured that I need to tone down my expenses. Now to look for that new place and car hunting...

• Author

Some more developments-

Turns out my dad just so happens to plan in dropping by the house I'm renting with my mom. I found out through my sister that they're coming by after my sister and my father move in her stuff for school. With a minivan.

I've emailed my sister to let her know that I've kept all my stuff, how I decided which stuff was moved out, and that I am ready to take action if my stuff just so happens to grow legs and run into his van and back home.

I made it clear that I took nothing that belonged to anyone else but only to myself, and that I would like to be free from contact and any harassment from my father and my mother. It's about 7 years too late when I should've moved out of the house.

This is not love and concern, when I've told them a countless number of time and very plain and clear language that I want to be left alone.

learning_slowly

Did I miss something? You say you are now in a house you are renting with your mum, but want nothing to do with her?

• Author
Did I miss something? You say you are now in a house you are renting with your mum, but want nothing to do with her?

Yes, that is why I am currently looking for a new place by my own. I need my own space, my own rules and lifestyle. So far it's been a bust, simply because of money right now.

Is it wise to save until I have enough to move out, and with a decent job to sustain myself? What are some guidelines to figuring when renting is affordable, and not have significant impacts like falling into a liquidity rent trap?

littleplanet
Yes, that is why I am currently looking for a new place by my own. I need my own space, my own rules and lifestyle. So far it's been a bust, simply because of money right now.

Is it wise to save until I have enough to move out, and with a decent job to sustain myself? What are some guidelines to figuring when renting is affordable, and not have significant impacts like falling into a liquidity rent trap?

I did this at 16. And it was easy and affordable, back then.

Different times.

It's always wise to know how to properly budget, and be able to take care of your own bills. That's the price tag of independence.

Affordable rent should never be more than a third of your income.

Sharing rental space can be a way to make that happen - but it matters who you share with.

It all requires decent employment, and a good work ethic.

Back in the day, we were all broke**s poor - but things were dirt cheap.

It's tougher now, but not impossible.

Good luck!