Ignores me when her boyfriend is around?

I have recently started living with a cousin who happens to be in the same city as me. We are the same age and have always been pretty close.

We cook together, watch tv etc in the evenings if we are both free, and have a great time.

Her boyfriend of 2 years stays maybe twice a week, usually on those nights I will go out so they have the house to themselves.

Yesterday he stayed over, and I didn't go out for the first time, there were hardly two words in my direction.

I was a little hurt because she didn't say goodnight to me, just kinda vanished while I was making my lunch for the next day in the kitchen.

She definitely wasn't mad at me because we were talking and joking etc before he arrived.

And I wasn't in their space- I was only around for those 15 minutes while making lunch the whole night.

Thoughts? I know it is a silly thing, but kinda bothers me.

It's an adjustment.

Tell her that it kind of bothered you that she didn't say good night.

Together -- armed with kindness, sensitivity & politeness -- you guys should be able to find a path that makes everybody happy & comfortable.

• Like 1

Sexual pursuits always take priority over same sex friends. It's nothing personal. Even though it might feel that way.

I think if a guy friend went out of his way to say goodnight to me when he was with a girl I'd have to smack him in the head.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you both. I don't care enough to say anything about it, but yeah, the sexual nature makes it understandable. I haven't had to live with other sexually active people since living at home, not finding that part of it pleasant.. I will adjust I guess.