My Alcoholic Grandfather

For about a year and a half I have effectively been put in a stranglehold and forced to live with my belligerent drunk for a grandfather. Ever since my grandma passed away he has let his house and his health go and for lack of a better terms, he needs a babysitter so he doesn't end up hurting himself or drinking himself into a wooden box. Some would say his increased beer intake and worsening mental state can be attributed to the passing of my grandmother but the fact of the matter is he has been like this for well before my mama connie passed away. His sons have given up trying to have a normal father son relationship with him, his grandchildren see him as an embarrassment, his siblings are too weak and timid to be assertive and get him to see he needs help. Quite frankly, I directly blame him for the death of my grandmother. She needed to be resting because of her arthritis but he was unbearable to be around when drunk so she instead would constantly go out which she shouldn't have been doing at the time. I know for a fact that if she had stayed in that particular week she would still be here today but she was desperate to get away from him because he was so belligerent and argumentative as a drunk, constantly bickering about trivial matters that don't even affect him, as well as constantly bickering about the news, which he has a very unhealthy obsession with, refusing to watch anything else despite how miserable it makes him when combined with alcohol.

I hate to say it but I wish he would just keel over already so I can invite my friend and his wife to come live with me as opposed to getting an apt which is what Im trying to save up for at the moment. I'm unemployed at the moment and living off my savings or I would have done it a long time ago. I know its a harsh thing to say but at the same time, why should I feel bad about someone who doesn't want my love ? Any attempt to have a normal conversation with him just turns into drunken bickering over petty things ranging from the way I chew my food to how new technology is the reason the whole country is going to hell (like most elderly people he never bothered attempting to learn how to navigate computers or smart phones and would rather just blame the their existence and importance for his troubles rather than admit to not being techno savvy like the rest of the world).

Oh, and to give you guys an idea of what I have had to endure for the last year and a half, here are some videos I posted on my youtube channel. I know that seems a bit malicious but I'm sick of people insinuating that because he's my grandfather I am obligated to put up with it as well as being pressured by people who knew him when he was once an elected official to be more like him or to work in politics as well. Well, check out these videos and now you know why I have absolutely no intentions of EVER following in his footsteps.

My Alcoholic Grandfather At It Again - YouTube

My Alcoholic Grandfather At It Again pt 2 - YouTube