In-laws Drama

Im sick of drama :'( I've been married for a year and had to move to my husbands state (which is very far from where i'm from) it was a hard thing for me to do, being from a busy city moving to the suburbs was not something that i adapted fast to,anyways, i moved away from family and friends and the day of the wedding my mother in law told me that i married her favorite son and that now i will be her daughter and that i don't have to worry about the moving part because I'm gonna have a great new family thats gonna love and support me... Things completely changed after marriage, they get involved in everything, "you can't wear these kinds of dresses because i don't like them, you need to lose weight and control how you eat, i hate having fat daughter in laws (i weight 127) thats too much for a shirt put it back, no don't buy this it will go on sale in a couple of months you have to wait like everyone else, why do you want to go back to college? you should save the money for a rainy day..." and when i tell my husband and he says something to them about it, his mom says "me? i never get involved in your life! i never said that "and she would get emotional and my husband would get sad and everything gets complicated, up until this point i would let things slide because naturally I'm not one to start problems, but last week for the first time since i was married i said NO, I WONT DO THAT and all hell broke loose they kicked me out of their car started drama at an event all that because they wanted me to go home with them while everyone else went to our friends house including my husband but my in-laws said they needed me to help them with something at home and that there wont be any room in my husbands car so i said no, there is enough room to fit another person comfortably and from there they turned it into something completely different, that i disrespected them and etc... They have alot of other sons besides my husband but they like my husband the most, they are not americans and in their culture you are supposed to listen to the in laws no matter what, but i cant do this, im an adult i hate having someone tell me what i should do and when and how plus they are very cheap they refuse to pay money for anything and expect us to do the same, even for some necessary things and im from a family where if you want something and you have the money for it then go and get it but they think spending money on anything besides groceries and bills is very stupid :( we live on the same block and since i dont have a car i have to go with them shopping

Edited by jarah