My Family Is Driving Me Mad (Long)

Shooting_Star

Shooting_Star

As the title says, my family is driving me mad.. any advice or words of wisdom how to deal with them will be appreciated.

Mom- When I was pregnant with my daughter, my mother and I got an apartment together to cut back on expenses. She watches my daughter when I'm at work (I work night shift, she works day shift). But if I ask her to watch her on my days off she only will do it for an hour or so. I currently don't have my own car (my transmission blew and I scrapped it), so I use hers. If I take my daughter with me to wherever I go, she still only gives me an hour or so. She constantly texts/calls asking when I'll be home, or make up a reason for needing the car. Like suddenly she has to go buy milk right that moment or the world will end. For example, I was out of town yesterday with my daughter and a friend, she got off work and because we didn't have my daughter's bday party, she decided she wanted to do laundry right then and there, when I brought up the fact that she has all weekend off, she said she wanted her car home now. We got into an argument about her behavior, and when I got home she pretended none of it happened.

I also have a 14 y/o bother. She doesn't punish him, no matter what he does. He's missed so much school this year, he's going to fail. She constantly complains about how he doesn't listen and how disrespectful he is, and then claims she's gonna punish him (ie take his video games away or ground him so he can't go to his friends' houses) but never does. I've given her "advice" about it, but she doesn't take it. I've offered to be the "bad guy" but she says no. I've become so frustrated about the topic, I've told her I don't want to hear about it anymore.

Bother- See last paragraph.

Cousin- My cousin has a 4 y/o son who she recently signed over to her mother, and she's 7 mos pregnant with her second child. She constantly seeks attention from me, texts/calls etc. (We got into an argument a few mos back and she really offended me/hurt my feelings, I'm not ready to forgive her). She's always telling our other cousin how she's sick of me not giving her support in her time of need. But I don't condone her actions AT ALL. She had no legit reason to sign her son over to her mother to begin with. She constantly whines about how she misses her son and how she won't want this baby because she wants him. Yet when she's given the opportunity to spend time with him or have him over night she's "too busy". So I keep my distance and bite my tongue when I'm forced to be around her.

Aunt- She's my cousin's mother. She's always asking me or my mother to baby sit the son because she has to work and her husband is working or has to go somewhere. He's a very ill-mannered child. I believe he has ADHD and they're constantly giving him sugary foods/drinks and he bounces off the walls. He's jealous of my daughter and bullies her. He's pushed her down, takes toys from her, has tried to push her down the stairs and so many other things (We do punish him for this behavior). I've told my aunt about this behavior and she's only laughed. When we've babysat in the past he's be with us nearly 5 hours at times and it gets frustrating to constantly tell him to leave my kid alone or to calm down. Recently we've been saying no that we can't babysit him. My aunt gives an attitude and says she'll have his mother babysit him then. (I'm not sure how this goes, because I haven't asked.)

I'm just so tired of these situations and wish they would go away. I'm currently saving for a car, so that won't be an issue for much longer. But everything else looks so hopeless and I don't know what to do about them. Someone, help =/