Husband's mom passed away

pink_sugar

pink_sugar

So my husband's mom passed away a few weeks ago. I've been feeling terrible for him ever since. Both of his parents are gone and he's only 29. I encouraged him to seek bereavement counseling as I know this cannot be easy along with other personal issues. He told me it's a little easier on him than it was when his dad passed when he was 16, but to have both parents die of inoperable brain cancer must be difficult to live with. I've been worried about him, he seems to be dealing with it okay, but with all our other stress, I know it must be hard especially since they had always had an up and down relationship. His mom was happy to see us in her last days and I know he told her how he loved her despite their rocky relationship the past few years. At this point she could no longer talk, but she was listening. I know it's going to be hard, especially since our graduation is coming up next weekend. Thankfully, his aunts and uncles will be there to cheer him on.

I'm so sorry Pink for both your husband and you. I think you are right to encourage him to get counselling not only because he is so young to have lost both parents but also, I don't want to sound morbid, because they had similar problems and he may be worried about his own long term health - as you too must surely also have concerns.

Whilst he figures out what he may or may not want to do, you being there for him will provide him with some foundation to his life that he will need at this time. Listen to him when he wants to talk. Leave him be when he needs time alone. But also keep a gentle, watchful eye on him and let him know if you feel he maybe losing himself in his grief - or ignoring his grief.

• Like 2
HokeyReligions

My condolences too. Its hard enough at amy age and he's got yo be thinking of his own risk for cancer too.

If he doesn't want grief counceling and many don't - you might be able to find some help for yourself and tips on helping him.. I used to go to beyond indigo . Com. Try that site for support for both of you.