Is he gay...?

grantmeserenity27

grantmeserenity27

So I have a half-brother who I very rarely see who is gay and came out when he was 15. My Father was okay with it and so were the rest of us. I also have another brother, he is 23 and has never really had a relationship at all. He has always been more focused on work, fair enough. Although recently I've been starting to think he might be gay, not that I would mind. I don't know whether to bring it up and just ask him, or leave him be. If I am right and he is gay then he will want to come out in his own time yes? Only thing is, I worry that he feels he can't come out to our parents seeing as they've got one gay son. I guess I just want him to know that I'm here for him and he shouldn't feel he has to hide it if he is gay. So do I say anything??? Advice? Thanks!

DanielStone

What makes you think he's gay in the first place? If it's just that he's never really had a relationship and because he's very focused on work, those are no reasons to think he is gay?

• Author
grantmeserenity27
What makes you think he's gay in the first place? If it's just that he's never really had a relationship and because he's very focused on work, those are no reasons to think he is gay?

No of course not. I have discussed it with his best mate and she gets the feeling he's gay too. I guess there isn't one specific thing that's made me thinks he's gay, just a feeling.

DanielStone
No of course not. I have discussed it with his best mate and she gets the feeling he's gay too. I guess there isn't one specific thing that's made me thinks he's gay, just a feeling.

Well, in that case, be sure before you bring it up...

But, I probably wouldn't just ask him... Say something like 'Oh you haven't been on a date for a while' and kinda go from there, and if you do just ask him be sure to let him know it really doesn't matter and you'll accept him (All the general comfort stuff) and see how he responds?

Also, if he is possibly gay, it may not be because your other brother is also gay... He could just be in denial or trying to figure out if he really is gay?

There are so many possibilities that I would suggest to take it slow and not be too direct about it.

• Like 1