I want to make this painting for my daughter

HonestNeurotic

HonestNeurotic

I usually post in other forums here on LS that have to do with male/female relationships. However, I am seeking some advice on a situation that I now have with my daughter.

She recently had her first baby. Age 32. A little yuppie uppity, but hey, it was me that raised her. N E Wayz. She live in So Cal (where I did as well until I got divorced from her dad) I live in Chicagoland. So distance is a problem.

She's great. Love her and am so proud of her. We also don't always get along that well. I changed and am kinda hippy like.

I give you these details cuz I think that mayhaps it matters?

SO - my baby girl had a baby girl! So much excitement!

I am an artist. I am also currently not having the best time in the world with finances. So - I wanted to make a special painting for her. For my daughter and my granddaughter and of course, her husband. I have a specific theme in mind. I know the story of why they made the middle name for their little girl "Bee", as in bumble bees. So I want to make a painting of that. Three bees. Momma bee, Papa Bee and Baby Bee.

My question is - IS THAT LAME?

I haven't told her about it, don't want to, want it to be a surprise when she receives it. But is that "lame"?

I ask because I come from the family of dysfunction and hence, well, I've not been a bad parent, and was not what they were, but SHUDDER to ever think that I am doing something that I would look at my mother as being bat*& crazy. i.e., oh look - mom sent a painting of bees, how stupid is that?

• Like 3
  • Author
HonestNeurotic

Thanks for your responses. Sadly drawing THINGS - is really really hard for me. I'm great at abstract stuff. But I SINCERELY had this idea as soon as I got the text - The bee has landed.....

It's a kinda silly little love story with her and her hubby about the "bee". Her words:

The story with the bee - the short version - is that on our first date James and I were sitting in my car after coffee and dinner and I drew a little bee on the window because I was super nervous and rambling. Being an extrovert, this was an unusual feeling for me and I knew I really liked James. After drawing the bee James leaned in and kissed me and the rest is history. The bee has kind of been our thing since then.

My baby girl had gotten blindsided dumped a year before she met this guy. Was picking out a home an buying a wedding dress with another guy that she had been with for many years. Then she met "the guy". Who is great.

This little baby bee has 8 instant grandparents! My oh my! I am so - so - well, I want of course to make SOME ONE THING - that will be special from me to her. Hence, I thought the bees. They'll be arty abtracty bees of course...... :)

THANK YOU!

• Like 1

I am an artist and I think it is a lovely idea...

Gifts that are hand-created are - for me - that much more valued...

• Like 1
  • Author
HonestNeurotic

Thanks so much for your time to reply. You know, since my kids have been adults, I've just given them money. Especially as So Cal and Chicagoland are VERY different on styles and such.