holding a grudge..

hayn_girl

hey everyone :D so i have this dilemma..

last summer, my hubby may have offended my uncle. now, keep in mind that my uncle and hubby have always joked around before without anyone's feelings getting hurt. during a dinner, my uncle went up to my hubby and said "you've offended me.. i will **** you up mother ****er." my hubby (who is in the usmc) decided to let it go and not act on it because he could get into trouble with the military. he was also taken a back by it because he didn't think he offended anyone. other aunts and uncles have seen what my uncle did to him and they said my uncle's eyes looked like he wanted to hurt my hubby.

so later that night.. we get home and we tell my parents and everyone's surprised that my uncle would do it. but then again, my uncle had been going through a lot of personal issues that everyone wasn't really happy for. so my parents thought that my hubby just ended up being the punching bag for the night. everyone also thought my uncle took it too far.

the next day, my mom calls my aunt and asks what happened between them. now, keep in mind that this family has been the "black sheep" of the family. they're always causing problems and they're rude people. i personally don't like how disrespectful their kids are. so my uncle's wife apologizes to me on my uncle's behalf and says "don't tell your uncle about this phone call, but i'm really sorry it happened, please tell your hubby".

fast forward christmas day. this uncle comes over when all the guests are gone. my hubby wasn't there because he had to be at work. this uncle has the nerve to expect presents from me to his kids.

every time i see them, i just end up leaving because simply looking at them makes me angry. my hubby feels like he can't go to family functions anymore because he doesn't want to cause anything.

his wife told me to keep the apology on the down-low. and even if they do see each other, they should keep the distance. it's been 7 months and neither my uncle or hubby have seen each other. i feel awkward when they're around. my dad does FREE electrical work on my uncle's house and they can't even find five minutes of their time to apologize. my hubby wants to apologize to him, but my uncle hasn't been around when he's around.

is it wrong for me to hold a grudge against my uncle? i have another uncle that said he would do the exact same thing to my hubby if it happened to him. i hate them too.. another black sheep in the family lol. my vow renewal is coming up and both uncles are wondering why their kids aren't in the bridal party.. and i'm thinking "uhh hello?? you're rude, your kids are rude, and you never liked my hubby in the first place." my cousins have pointed out that both uncles are jealous of my hubby. but still.. i don't see how putting their kids in my wedding party going to change anyhting.

any input?