Brother being sent to Iraq...

GeorgiaSongbird

GeorgiaSongbird

My oldest brother is in Army. He just got home from a post in Germany in December where he had been for almost 3 years. He got assigned to base close to us...about an hour's drive.. The entire family was happy.

I found out today he is being sent to Iraq.. he has to leave on April 9th and he'll be gone for a year. :(

What the hell? Isn't the war over?

Anyway, here's hoping everything goes okay over there. I'm sure you're worrying quite a bit. I would be too. I'll be hoping for the best and praying for his safe return.

• Author
GeorgiaSongbird

Thanks Kevin...

I guess the war isn't over enough.. and neither is whatever rebuilding or whatever the hell they are doing over there.

He's never been in situation like this.. So, yeah, I'm worried about. It was a little freaky - the list of stuff he has to do before he leaves.. power of attorney for his wife, wills, trusts.. yuck.

Anyway thanks for your good wishes.. My whole family could use them, especially my brother.

Georgia, I know how you feel. My uncle just got sent over last monday for a year. So I know how you feel, but a lot of people are coming home just fine. Just pray for him.