Trouble with grown-ups and kids

advicegirl

My parents are separated and every second weekend at my moms there is always fights.

There is my mom, me, my brother, my moms boyfriend, and his 2 kids which is a boy and a girl. Well, the girl and my brother and my moms boyfriend argue all the time which makes everyone else mad and causes a big fight. They argue about the stupidist things. You see the girl kind of does whatever she wants and my brother gets mad and then my moms boyfriend doesn't yell at her so we (the kids) all get the blame. Shes spoiled rottten and I am starting to hate weekends. Please I need some advice so maybe they will stop fighting.

advicegirl

Unfortunately, other than perhaps getting some counseling thru your school for support, there really isn't much a child can do to change his or her family circumstances. Try reading, finding stuff to do on the puter, hanging out with friends.....anything to keep your mind from being focused on your 'dysfunctional' family.

More importantly, make a list of what you want out of your own life regarding your career, the type of family you want for your children and what you need to do to accomplish this. The best thing you can do FOR YOU is to break the cycle. A lot of people come out of bad homelives....only to relive them as adults. It's as though they pass down some curse.

Fill your heart and mind with what YOU want....and set out to make it happen. Before you know it, you'll be an adult. Be the BEST adult you can be. :)

I agree that getting some school counseling would help or may help-they often have some good ideas for you, too. I, too, grew up in a family where there was fighting over ridiculous things it seemed. Some people are more prone to be fighters and the rest of us get stuck listening to it and we get the ulcers, too, unfortunately. Maybe when they start fighting you could leave for awhile and so it does not effect you as much. Like take a walk or go in another room and phone a friend. Or you could go and take a hot bubble bath and say "the heck with them all!" Diverting your attention from them is a good idea.