Why is it always me?

Patty

I had a rough day.Me and my mother got in an argument and as always,she tries to tell me its my fault.She has to be right about everything.One time she told me to try to be like my sister,which really hurt me and after that,I felt very disrespected.Im I the one with problems or is it her? Im all confused.

Patty

I've just went through a terrible week with my daughter....actually, your post made me feel better and caused me to question whether I've always left her feeling respected. So....thanks!

I can tell you one thing Patty....MOST MOM'S love their little girls and want the best for them....with all that is within them. They just goof up in the transaction. I've said stupid things to my daughter just to make my point during a frustrating moment. I feel bad about it later.....and your Mom probably does too. Just forgive her and love her thru it.

patty,

i think in general a good assumption is that we all have problems. do you and your mom have anyone who comes to work with the two of you? a kind of scoial worker, mediator, or counsellor? if not, could you get one?

it's important, i think, for you to have someone objective and outside to look out for your best interests - i think i'm sensing you do not always trust your mom to do this and i would trust your instincts. is there someone, maybe from the office that sends you checks, that you could call and talk about these issues with?

if your mom is on your side, and sincere and honest in her intentions, she will want an outside party as much as you do. if not, i think you should maybe call someone on your own to help work with her. do you know of someone who you can call?

jen

p.s. - i think in your situation there are a lot of possibilities for implicit exploitation, and i am honestly quite concerned about you. a counsellor can help defend you and make sure you are getting the rights and emotional support that any adult should get.

so, for the shackers - does anyone live in patty's area and know who she could call?