Family get togethers

Heidi2

Well, here it is yet another year.. and the talks of the once a year, family get-tog ethers have ever been before me.. This weekend, was a pure example where I thought in depth if I should in fact, just WORK on Thanksgiving.. Because I'm really not in the mood to put on a HAPPY-- fake face. with all the relatives.. whom I see maybe once or twice a year.. And the bad thing is that they're coming to my house/parent's house this go round....

HELP.. don't know what to do.. WORK, or suck everything in... yet again.... :bunny:

I sooo agree Heidi....I'm seriously thinking about working all holidays this year.

My s/o and I are now "dating" exclusively, but the family still wants him to come to thanksgiving dinner with them...I don't know how to even bring it up or if he'll even come. We're taking things slow this time around and I don't think having family around less than 2 weeks after we get back together is such a great idea.

Plus the simple fact that I don't want to have to deal with all their bickering on how I can never keep a guy in my life...which they don't know about my past boyfriend that I had for 5 years only because he was quite a bit older and they're not into that thing for their young precious *justa*.

Maybe, we'll spend it together...I just don't know how to even ask...le-sigh.

Anyways, I'm up for working Thanksgiving if you are...think about it...possible holiday pay...in my case no coworkers...

Sounds like a great plan!

Later!

~justa~

• Author

[color=darkred] Well, Justa after writing my last message.. and going to work this past weekend.. I have to say that someone was thinking of me... in the scheduling.. Because I do in fact have a 7-hour work hour shift on such a Thanksgiving day.. And, quite honestly I don't mind it, because I do in fact get holiday pay, which is equal to time & a half...

Also, I'll be working on Christmas Eve & day, as well as New Year's Day.. 1. because we in essence have to. And also, because it's as if I'm working 2 hours into one. Not bad.. I guess..

I guess the family get-to-gethers will have to be bypassed.. on my behalf.. Oooo Well.. I really don't mind any of them.. It's just when they'll all together.. things can definately be a pain....

[/color] :bunny:

I also get to work Thanksgiving...I used up all my paid time off during my breakup/get back together with my boyfriend...plus having to go to the doc for preg tests and what not.

Christmas...still a crap shoot...but everyone is taking that day, plus the day after off, so I think I'll work, depending on how things go with the boyfriend.

New years Eve and New Years day....I HAVE to work. I'm oncall for the entire hospital computer network. Joy of all joys.

Have a good one!

~justa~

Around Christmas is when I have the hardest time. Both our families have early dinners on X-mas Eve, and then his parents have a midnight gift opening. My parents like us to spend the night to we are with them when we firts wake up to open gifts and eat breakfast, and then we go to his parents and eat breakfast. After that it's back to his parents for dinner and then to mine.

Sigh