sanity check... again

Just want to make sure I'm not being unreasonable here:

My job allows me to work any hours I like, and today I wanted to go back to work after going out, since i was full of energy - I was planning to come home 2am-ish (take the last bus), and told my parents so. BOOM! Must be home by midnight, because it's dangerous to take the bus alone at night. Fine, i went home early, but stated that I don't like all these restrictions - I'm 21 for christ's sake.

So now they're telling me to drive to work if i want to stay late, and they know perfectly well I won't because it's too expensive to park.

Grrr!

Can't wait to move out...

-yes

I don't know what city you live in but the world has become somewhat more unsafe in recent times...and even a bit more for young, attractive ladies. Parents get real nervous about their daughters being out on the streets and taking public conveyances at 2a.m.

If I were one of your parents, I would take the same position. If you want to do what you want, move out on your own. You may not understand exactly why your parents worry until you are in their position. Meanwhile, respect them and be thankful that you have family that love and care enough for you not to want you raped, kidnapped or murdered by some looney in the middle of the night on your way home.

By the way, it's almost as dangerous in many cities for a single lady to be driving alone at 2a.m.

I'm with your mom and dad 100 percent on this one. And, by the way, moving out on your own won't reduce the chances of danger to you when out late at night. Sorry.

I totally agree with Tony. I never take public transportation alone after 9 or 10 at night because of safety reasons. You really do have to be careful. Although you may think its perfectly safe and that nothing will happen, all it takes is one time. If you want to work that late at night, cough up the money for parking, but make sure a security guard walks you to your car.

I don't know about your city, but where I live I would never want to leave work and drive on the streets at 2:00 a.m., nor would I want to take public transportation. That's when the bars let out and there are too many intoxicated folks out on the streets for me. I have to agree with the others and say I wouldn't want MY daughter out there at that time of the morning either.

• Author

sounds like i'm gonna have to be a day-person, at least while i live at home.

thanks for your replies,

-yes