disappointed/frustrated

I have an issue that I'm not sure how to deal with.

Our 'family' planned a special camping trip with about 40 members of our family. The main part of our group is in our 50's. We all have high morals and have a very good relationship with everybody.

Our children and grandchildren were invited too.

Our son is recently divorced and has custody of his children (ages 4 and 6).

His recent girlfriend of about 1 and 1/2 months showed up on day 2 of the trip. I have a problem with the fact that she slept in his trailer for a few nights and our son thinks 'it's no big deal'.

I still don't think it was right, especially with all the aunts and uncles and cousins present. He had absolutely no regards for our feelings. What is that telling the children? And I have no respect for this girlfriend.

By the way, he is 33 years old. But I still say it's all about showing respect for his parents and the rest of our group who have good morals, not to mention concern for the kids.

Any advice and comments?

she's his gf, right? why not sleep in his trailer? would you rather she slept in yours?

or is it that you think they had sex? do you have proof of that?

if she's nice to the kids, I see no problems here.

-yes

Unless you told your son ahead of time NOT to bring his girlfriend (which I think would have been disrespectful to HIM), I don't see anything wrong with what he did. Considering their ages, I don't see it as being disrespectful to anyone. Not unless they were flaunting sex in everyone's faces. I mean, it's not realistic, in this day and age, to think that people in their thirties are not staying overnight together, is it? It's not as if the get-together was at your house and this happened under your roof against your wishes.

If people in their fifties think something of it, that's THEIR problem, not your son's. It sounds like you should worry less about what other people think about this and worry about more important things. That's just my opinion.