LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

...what is it about the holidays that makes us feel.....

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:50 PM   #1

...what is it about the holidays that makes us feel.....

hey all:

We all want to belong and feel that we are part of something?anything....so what is it about the holidays that makes me feel so disconnected...alone?
Old 23rd December 2009, 3:37 PM   #2
Eve
Established Member

Journal Entries: 8
Christmas can be a highly stressful time for many... whether they are single, married or whatever. Still, I love it when on Christmas Eve I settle down and if anything has been forgotten, I think to myself 'ah well, tough' and I cuddle up and wait for Christmas Day.

Is there a high point for you to reach?

Take care,
Eve xx
Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 5:15 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfish View Post
hey all:

We all want to belong and feel that we are part of something?anything....so what is it about the holidays that makes me feel so disconnected...alone?
could you also describe the way you feel as contemplative? peaceful, spiritual?
Peaceful Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 2:56 AM   #4

Holidays have a tendency to make us reflect and concern ourselves with things that otherwise wouldn't occupy our time. I would try not to get to caught up in the hype of the time and enjoy life as it is without any expectation from anyone. Easier said than done I know but that's an approach I use and it lessons the anxiety I feel anyway. Good luck!

cheers.