Parents annoying me

xander777

Even though they said good grades was all I needed to enjoy a peaceful summer. Yet, they still complain about me staying up to late. Pisses me off because I know plenty of other people that don't have to listen to that crap. So should I just start going to bed sooner or maybe even find a way to get back at them for this?

First: how were your grades:?

Second: what time do they expect you to be in bed? and what time do you usually go to bed?

Third: If you try to "get back at them" they will see it as you being childish and will simply reinforce that you are not mature enough to make decisions for yourself.

• Author
First: how were your grades:?

Second: what time do they expect you to be in bed? and what time do you usually go to bed?

Third: If you try to "get back at them" they will see it as you being childish and will simply reinforce that you are not mature enough to make decisions for yourself.

I had a 3.2 gpa. I was just stating that because they had promised they would lay off me if I had at least that high of a grade. The time differs but usually around 2am or so. Also I'm not some ten year old kid here. That would be understandable at that age range to issue a mandatory bedtime. Also it is currently summer time so I can relax a bit. I just find it ridiculous that when talking to some friends of mine in the middle of a conversation that I'd just have to just call it a night. But that is parents for you. They just like to complain more than actually send you any compliments. However, I know they are right about having erratic sleep schedule is not healthy for you. I just like night time and hate mornings for some reason.

TwinkletOes26

If you are in college try to take courses during the summer....or if you are in highschool try to see if you can take some art courses or something. Parents will always complain no matter how old you get in fact the older you get the worse it gets. Best advice as soon as you can find a job and move thats the only way to shut them up..why? bc if you arent at home they cant complain LOL.

Citizen Erased
If you are in college try to take courses during the summer....or if you are in highschool try to see if you can take some art courses or something. Parents will always complain no matter how old you get in fact the older you get the worse it gets. Best advice as soon as you can find a job and move thats the only way to shut them up..why? bc if you arent at home they cant complain LOL.

I really wish that was true. Instead you get "why don't you call me, you never call me" or "why don't you visit me, you never visit me". Or, my particular favourite: "you don't have to wait another *insert time from last visit* to come and visit me".

But at the very least they aren't bitching in your ear all day every day. :p

TwinkletOes26
I really wish that was true. Instead you get "why don't you call me, you never call me" or "why don't you visit me, you never visit me". Or, my particular favourite: "you don't have to wait another *insert time from last visit* to come and visit me".

But at the very least they aren't bitching in your ear all day every day. :p

Ahh this is what i miss about college the not hearing them bitch everyday...now im home its CONSTANT...i hope i hear something soon from the employer LOL