My insane brother

gopher

So, I have just one brother, a couple years younger...both our parents are deceased. We aren't close, but he calls me to talk about his relationship dramas. He constantly finds the most dysfunctional woman he can find, sleeps with her, falls head over heels for her and then she screws him over or has immense drama that causes her to leave the relationship. My brother contributes his share to all of this too.

So, he calls me tonight, because some g/f's of the last one told him that she quit calling them as well....he viewed this as some sign that there's hope there...meanwhile this woman isn't even divorced yet, is in a custody battle and tried to commit suicide a few months ago, and told my brother not to contact her, or text her. But through this one conversation, he now feels like he should "be there for her" and help her. I told him, no way....she has g/f's and other people in her life, let them be there for her, don't get sucked back in especially since she told you to leave her alone.

Well, he alternated between screaming at me and crying on the phone...turning things completely away from the girl in question and making it all about what a jerk I am. At one point, he even alluded something about me being gay....I just laughed and said wtf, did you just say you think I am gay?....

Well, the phone call ended shortly afterward, with him hanging up on me. Unreal, not how I was planning on spending my Sunday night before traveling tomorrow.

According to my therapist I have pretty good boundaries, and I've tried to keep the door to communication open, in spite of his being so toxic. But I have to say, this was maybe the final straw tonight.

Ok, thanks for letting me vent.