what am I doing wrong with my mother

MeaganRaye

Today, I am not doing so good.

I recently got a student refund check, it wasn't as much as I thought it would be--I was expecting at least 1,000 but only got a shocking $300. I did not tell my mother or father about this money.

One being, just before I got the check I got hit with a speeding ticket which will deduct a little over $100--and if I tell my mother about it, I will regret it. Anything I do, she harasses me, scolds me and berates me for it. I rarely get tickets, last time I got one was over 2 years ago. If I told her I got $300 she's going to direct me and tell me what I should do with it, and she'll figure out that $100 went to something, and she'll harass me about what happened to the $100 which will lead to her knowing about the speeding ticket

Another reason i didn't tell them is because I need this little bit of money and whenever I get paid or a check, my mother tries to keep tabs on what I am doing with it. She will constantly harass me about what I am doing with my money and controll how much I should spend. I know she goes through my c loset and my dressers to see if I have any money. When I am saving money she secretly knows how much I have put aside. If I end up with too much money aside then she starts to advise me to buy something for the house that requires a monthly pay ment which makes it hard for me to ever get out of the rut i am in

My mother told me about bridge cards and told me to get one. I did. I get only $175 a month. The day I received it she said that she gets $75 of it:eek:

This morning, my mother asked if my father could use the bridge card to go to the market. As I was going in my purse a $5 bill came out, and a few dollars. She of course noticed it and askeed me where did the money came from. I made something up and it didn't convince her

She got so angry with me, that she snatched my purse. I snatched it back and the zipper on the purse cut her hand. She went into a rage and started beating me with a brush, and throwing things at me and trying to stomp me on the ground with her foot. calling me a b1tch and a hoe. saying that i am trying to be slick by hiding money from her

she started going through my closet and throwing everything on my bed saying i can sl eep in my car for all she cares. she was so angry wtih me. she accused me of scratching her arms with my nails on purpose when that is not what happened at all

also, she was upset that i did not want to continue to give her a portion of my brdige card with her. that also made her very angry. i advised that she writes down a list and i buy everything the household needs, but she refused to do that. she got very posessive over the money that's on the card like it's hers. it is my money.

last time sharing the bridge card with her we s pent all the money before the month ended. and i had nothing left over for days wehn i want to go to the market and buy me a few things. the food we bought did not last in teh household for very long. i have very little money and th e job i have right now doesn't pay a lot. i need everything i can get

I am so close to leaving. i am moving out of state for nursing school in the next few months and it's like the worse she gets. the way things are looking i won't be able to finish my classes so i can get accepted

if i am doing something wrong please let me know. but it seems l ike

why aren't you getting your checks deposited to a personal banking account? You can always rent a post office box to keep them separate from the mail you get at home, and a personal bank account limits access to your money.

• Author

I've had bad luck with a personal bank account. Always went into overdraft. got sick of the fees.

And they know when I have money anyway because my mother notices the slightest thing that I bring into the house..she'll find receipts in my dresser or my dad will hear me bring a plastic bag in the house and tell my mother i must have some money or something. I bought a bag of rubberbands and my mother noticed it right away