sexUAL ABUSE victum an i am lost now.............

ohmy3

sister an i ( i am 3 yrs younger than her) sexual abused by male sitter an his friend as children for 3 or 4 yrs , i was 4 yrs when 1st occurred,THEN sister sexual abused me for 6-7 yrs afterward, i shared w/ my husband a few yrs . ago he is quite an NO what any emotional - his response was what u want me to do about it ? i am 34 , was 29 or so when i told him an he makes it about him i am lost, we have 2 kids 11-13 soon 2 be 12 -14 an i have been 100% not leave them w/ anyone an he still wonders why, my own mother is in (SOMEWHAT) denial of what went on in my life or older (only) sister an i am besides myself, in all honesty i feel the only true 1'S in my life is GOD & my kids. not that i have share all what has occurred in my younger life w/ them . however i feel so lost @ times!

my own mother is in (SOMEWHAT) denial of what went on in my life or older (only) sister an i am besides myself, in all honesty i feel the only true 1'S in my life is GOD & my kids. not that i have share all what has occurred in my younger life w/ them . however i feel so lost @ times!

I lost god when I got molested as a kid. Never found a safe haven with faith after that.... just checked out.

Your husband obviously doesn't know how to deal with this information. I once told a guy I was dating about my trauma and he broke up with me 2 weeks later- he was too freaked out by the information.

I can tell you that I worked with abused teens and kids for many years- I can also tell you sexual abuse is way more common than society is willing to talk about. You're so not alone.

I think the best thing to do is to educate your kids about predators and how to be prepared.

Have you sought therapy for this? It could help a lot. I'd highly recommened talking to someone.

Just know that you are not alone in this- and talking about it is very therapeutic.

Hugs,

D

Seek help, counseling, pastor, nurse or therapist. It was not your fault, you did nothing wrong . With God's help and good therapy you can live a happy life.