Everything is controled by Mom!

aamber

I’m on my last thread with my mother.. I’m going crazy.. Moving out in the next 5 months and it will be the longest 5 months in my life..

My car has been down since Dec 31st; she was the last person to drive it when it broke. I have to pay $500 to get it fixed.. Which I already paid $200 on and I got the rest today, But I can't actually go pay the guy because my mom won't take me to do so.. "It's a waste of gas" which I certainly do not understand because If I had my actual car, she wouldn't be the one "wasting gas" to take me back and forth to work when I have to work.. She’s suggested a few times for me to even call in because she didn’t want to take me to work.. Which I refused.. And made other arrangements… Why?? I need money.. She knows I’m saving every penny I earn to move, does she not want me to move?? Since the 31st unless it’s with my boyfriend I haven’t gone anywhere.. I’ve asked to do errands once again.. She comes up with excuses of reasons why she can’t do them with me.. I can't drive her car because I'm not insured under it.. Or I would..

I want my car back.. When you’ve been driving for so long and suddenly loose that privilege. You go Bananas

curiousnycgirl
cut her out of the loop, and ask friends if they'll give rides in the meanwhile.

Exactly. What are you going to do when you are living on your own and your car is in the shop? You need to figure out work arounds. May as well start now.

You know, I walk a mile and a half to work every day, and back.... how far away is the garage?

Maybe the walk would be good for you....

No, really, I'm serious!

Walking releases endorphins that make you feel better, more positive and have more energy....

Juat a thought....

WE all rely on cars way too much nowadays.

I actually saw a guy in our road, get in his BMW, drive up to the top of our street, and get out of the car and post a letter in the mailbox.

it's less than 100 yards away, and the weather was just fine.

Would a good walk be out of the question....?

it would also show her that, Hey! I don't need you, and guess what - ? It costs nothing to walk!

• Author

I live about 30 minutes away.. Driving distance.. I'd imagine It would take me a couple of hours to actually make the walk.. Not to mention it's snowy, windy, and bitter cold. I think Id have frost bite..

When I live on my own, I'll be around a lot more people.. I currently live in a very rural area. Mostly cornfields and farms.. No actual people. The apartment I'm looking at is about 30 minutes away from where I live now, but also directly behind my work place. So it would be absolutely perfect if something did go wrong..