17 and faced with swingers and alcoholics in denial.

Chealuh

Yes both swingers and alcoholics in denial, when bringing home another person every other night, no acknowledge of our exsitance this is something I will never be this is something I don't know how to just leave in the back of my mind and forget it, so parents that do this, I will let you know this ****s with a kids brain and sets a horrible example on how we are supposed to be in the world, really in the bible we pray upon the ways God sets us to be, but then they give us parents to show us the only right way, and putting your kids in situations that is just a heartbreaking thing, I am ashamed to be happy and understanding of my parents are there issues, they care more about drinking then getting shampoo for us kids, they don't even know my favorite color and they tell me to stay home and spend time with the FAMILY but the family is sitting in the garage drinking the night away not to the point where they are drunk but to the point where they cant go a night without a drink, 25 pack of beer a night and two packs of smokes, where is the saving where is the caring for your kids and there clothes, so disappointing I have no one in my family that understands or cares to listen and I know it is wrong I know how much I am not going to be like any of my family.

Yes both swingers and alcoholics in denial, when bringing home another person every other night, no acknowledge of our exsitance this is something I will never be this is something I don't know how to just leave in the back of my mind and forget it, so parents that do this, I will let you know this ****s with a kids brain and sets a horrible example on how we are supposed to be in the world, really in the bible we pray upon the ways God sets us to be, but then they give us parents to show us the only right way, and putting your kids in situations that is just a heartbreaking thing, I am ashamed to be happy and understanding of my parents are there issues, they care more about drinking then getting shampoo for us kids, they don't even know my favorite color and they tell me to stay home and spend time with the FAMILY but the family is sitting in the garage drinking the night away not to the point where they are drunk but to the point where they cant go a night without a drink, 25 pack of beer a night and two packs of smokes, where is the saving where is the caring for your kids and there clothes, so disappointing I have no one in my family that understands or cares to listen and I know it is wrong I know how much I am not going to be like any of my family.

I'm very sorry you have parents and family like this. This is surely not something you deserve. It's great that you recognize what the problems are and you vow to never be like them. Do you have a close family friend, or a neighbor, or someone at church that you could talk to? It doesn't even have to be a church you attend; any christian church will welcome you if you need someone to talk to, honestly.

• Author

Well I mean I have alot of family around to talk about this kind of things but it is like this, in there mind..there is nothing wrong what they are doing, its like they are all Christian and they all have there own way of how they are supposed to act like making up there own religion, For example I talk to my grandma about gays and there points and she just "OH that is disgusting and so wrong and BLAHBLAH" but then I bring up my parents and then that is non of my business and I told her you know mom and dad **** girls too. BASICALLY my family is in denial.

And they all see and hear what they want to hear.

So no I found a site that will listen and understand me.

ha:o

Get a part-time job to buy yourself the things that you need and try to save as much money as you can so that you can afford to move out of your parent's home when you turn 18.

Call the police the next time your parents get drunk and "swing" when you or younger siblings are there. Tell a school counselor about what your parents are doing. Try to find a support group that you can go meet with like Alateen.

• Author

The thing is with my planning and basically being on my own I have been saving up since I was a seventh grade, I had never got a bank account but that was because I was to young and I knew I would have to be under my parents name, and that was just not working with me, with the overdone bills and the bankruptcy and etc. And I know that my parents can be great people but when they are around me I have to be something that I am not, and give them everything they want me to be otherwise I will some how come off as a bad kid or actually being right when they hear only what they want to hear.

For example I live with my "Step Dad" and Real Mom, but the fact is that now of days he takes over her and she never has a word in anything she is blinded and takes him over us, and that is the worst. Anyways as I was stating that my Real Dad, was coming into from Tacoma and I was just so excited I had asked for the due dates of him coming down over and over to make sure I had no plans and at the last minute he had told me the date, and the plan was that I had plans that day and he told me that I was always the issue always and that just killed me also my Real dad stated that I had to find my way to him, that he drove all this way to see us, that now that I was only about a half an hour away from what I was doing that he was not coming to get me not half way NOTHING. The family I was with my boyfriend's family I had talked to them about it and we were on the opposite side of town as them and they couldn't do it because they have things they have to do, and I had tried many options, but it was all up to me so I said my sorries and he still shook his head at me, stopped texting, had my sister answer my calls, anything to make me feel horrible about myself, so the worst part was getting home to my Step Dad and Mom, and I had called my Step dad to tell him I was on my way home and he FLIPPED bahsklgkjfjg your supposed to be with your dad he drove all that way and you couldn't even stay with him, this is bull chiiit. You are so rude, and I tried explaining it to him but like I said, He hears what he wants to hear. So my family has always been hard to bare with really, and yes I am counting down the 51 more days tell I am 18.

:)

your dad screws up by letting you know very last minute what his plans are and of course that ends up clashing with yours and you get the blame. the truth is that a lot of people never admit that something unfortunate like this is their fault and I have hardly ever seen a parent admitting to their child that the end result had been their fault. of course your father knows that it's his mess and your stepfather was just angry because he wanted you out of the way, I'm sure he didn't care what had really happened. he wouldn't have shouted at you otherwise.

shame your mum is so weak as well. mine has always shown loyalty to her boyfriends over us and once I figured that out it got very hard for me to respect her. she is a very hard working mum and she brought us up to her best ability but there have always been a limit to her love, 'unconditional' is not in her vocabulary.

once you are 18 and you are financially sorted, you will have so much more control over whom you have around you. once you have your own kids, it will be the best :)