Christmas with the family!!!

Jenny123

:mad:Well I was with my family this Christmas again-large family, six siblings and a step-dad. I find half of them infuriating and they take me up in the wrong way. I'm very sensitive, anything I say, some of them treat me like the village idiot.

I don't fit in with my family- they don't understand me-Yes I'm the black sheep but not in a bad way-just different.

They like to treat me like the bimbo of the family and point out where I go wrong-when they're no better.

I don't think i'll be spending next Christmas with them as they're too much!

Does anyone else feel like this?:love:

I managed to survive mine this year. Idiot brother who is still getting over the flu, fat sister-in-law, two nephews and my nan. The older nephew is at least able to sit quietly and read a book but the 2-year-old screams and tries to break everything in sight. My nan only encourages the little brat. Thank Grud for aspirin! I spent half the day washing dishes in the kitchen and feeling like Cinderella.

They all went home by 8pm and I was finally able to relax and enjoy what remained of the day. I watched the new Wallace and Gromit film while stuffing my face with chocolates. Bliss :D

Mine all arrived Tuesday evening and so far it has not been to bad. Although, my older brother's kids are starting to get on my nerves. They don't listen very well and make my 3 look like angels, lol.:lmao: But I do love them all and they are leaving in the am..:bunny::bunny: So.. 24 hours to go and counting.:laugh:

Mea:)

It's amazing how no matter how accomplished and capable we are in our lives outside of the family, we always return to our default setting (whatever that may be for our own family dynamic) when we get together as a family especially for holidays. It's as if no time at all has passed and we're all kids again. It's often a relief to return to the outside world where nobody knows the stupid things we did as kids, and assumes that we got to our current level in life and career through merit instead of dumb luck.

Chin up!