Is this normal?

samsungxoxo

To think that my parents would be better off divorce. At times I wish they did that, I wouldn't be affected at all.

I say tell them exactly what you just posted.

• Author
I say tell them exactly what you just posted.

I did but then they forget about it and get along again. Oh well, everyone's different. Arguments gets boring.

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing really wrong with thinking that. I used to think that way about my parents, too. They almost divorced many years ago, but didn't. They never actually argued per se, just didn't have a good relationship.

To think that my parents would be better off divorce. At times I wish they did that, I wouldn't be affected at all.

Yeah, it's definatley normal if they don't get on, arguments and hostility in the family home just isn't a good thing at all if it's regular.

As for the fact of whether it's normal that you wouldn't be affected by them spliting up, I dunno.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
As for the fact of whether it's normal that you wouldn't be affected by them spliting up, I dunno.

No I think I would be better off if they actually got divorced than listening to their ''sometimes arguments'', annoying. If you get marry to someone you claim to love, then treat them with respect like they were the prince/princess, don't yell at them like they were the last person on earth and certainly not with an aggressive tone of voice.

I think it is completely normal. my parents divorced and I am glad they did because my father was an alcoholic and while he wasn't abusive or aggressive, he spent all the money on booze and was miserable all the time. my mum worked very hard and brought us up in a financially stable and safe environment. way better

• Author
Your parents shouldn't be arguing and screaming at each other where you can hear them. They should keep disagreements private.

I know right, I used to hear these episodes even as a small child. I was 5 years old the first time then during all my childhood years. Yet if I were to tell them how this affected me with men in general and how I would viewed them (except my boyfriend, I trust he won't ever hurt me in any way nor intimidate me, it would be over if he ever tries to, he knows it, no second chances), I bet they would just laugh at me and say there is nothing wrong. Yes we're a rather what it looks to be a wealthy stable middle-upper class family, no alcohol or cheating issue but still, those episodes I still have it in my memory. This is to me has the same affect as if I were to watched my SO in bed with other woman, the image and everything I heard just doesn't go away, even worst when you're a kid.

Another reason it has affected me before I met my b/f and why I think they should have divorced long ago, as this long ago post I wrote http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122225