I'm a grandfather again!

Curmudgeon

Grandchild #8 (five on my side and three on my wife's) arrived early yesterday afternoon weighing-in at a comfortable 8 lbs. 4 oz. It's my youngest son's and his wife's first child and is a son -- the first who will carry our family's last name. My two other grandsons were born to my oldest daughter and carry their father's last name.

Literally, life goes on! Now the family name will as well :D

woo HOO, granddaddy! An Advent baby, congratulations! Have they picked out a name for the little guy yet?

my nephew (oldest grandchild on my side of the family) and his wife welcomed their firstborn a couple of weeks ago on Dec. 8, but didn't have a name picked out. She won this round, and named him Austin Matthew, after the city where her beloved UT Longhorns are based :D

Congrats C!! 8 lbs 4ozs is a very healthy, almost ouchie weight. :laugh:

That was funny you said that because when I read this:

weighing-in at a comfortable 8 lbs.
I was thinking, "comfortable for WHO?" Only a man would say that!:laugh::p
That was funny you said that because when I read this:

I was thinking, "comfortable for WHO?" Only a man would say that!:laugh::p

I was the birthing coach for my SIL (my brother fainted with my first nephew), when she gave birth to my second nephew. He was 6 lbs 12 ozs and boy, did she scream.

I would have needed ear plugs for any baby over 7 lbs. :p

RecordProducer
Grandchild #8 (five on my side and three on my wife's) arrived early yesterday afternoon weighing-in at a comfortable 8 lbs. 4 oz. It's my youngest son's and his wife's first child and is a son --
Congratulations, grandpa! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: I wish him a long, healthy, and happy life. :)

the first who will carry our family's last name. My two other grandsons were born to my oldest daughter and carry their father's last name.

Aaahhhhhh... is the name really important? You can call me any names you want as long as you love me. :p

If you ever make me really mad, I'll put a spell on your grandson to make only daughters!! :laugh::lmao:
I was the birthing coach for my SIL (my brother fainted with my first nephew), when she gave birth to my second nephew. He was 6 lbs 12 ozs and boy, did she scream.

I would have needed ear plugs for any baby over 7 lbs. :p

OMG, no epidural? Our son was 6 lbs 14 oz and I'm tiny. I can't imagine what kind of pain that would produce.

OMG, no epidural? Our son was 6 lbs 14 oz and I'm tiny. I can't imagine what kind of pain that would produce.

Yes, she did have an epidural but screamed when it came time to deliver naturally. Which reminds me.

Note to self: C-sections are good. :laugh:

Yes, she did have an epidural but screamed when it came time to deliver naturally. Which reminds me.

Note to self: C-sections are good. :laugh:

I don't get it. I had an epidural. No pain. I didn't scream at all. And I've heard C-sections take much longer to recover from. I almost had to have a C-section because our son was so late. The doctor told me that if I didn't go into labor by Easter, he'd have to perform one. And I really, really didn't want to be cut open. Thank god, I went into labor the night before and he was born on Easter Sunday.

I don't get it. I had an epidural. No pain. I didn't scream at all. And I've heard C-sections take much longer to recover from. I almost had to have a C-section because our son was so late. The doctor told me that if I didn't go into labor by Easter, he'd have to perform one. And I really, really didn't want to be cut open. Thank god, I went into labor the night before and he was born on Easter Sunday.

I dunno. I was just the one listening to her scream. :confused:

I dunno. I was just the one listening to her scream. :confused:

I dunno either. And I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to pain. I really didn't scream. That's weird. Maybe she just felt like she had to put on a "show" like in the movies.:laugh::laugh:

I dunno either. And I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to pain. I really didn't scream. That's weird. Maybe she just felt like she had to put on a "show" like in the movies.:laugh::laugh:

No wonder my bro fainted the first time. ;)

Congrats C....

Wishing you Happy Holidays for you and your family..

I hope everyone is well and your Daughter-in-Law is resting well...:)

How wonderful.. I never thought it would be so great to have grandkids.. they are just tiny treasures...

Good for you! :bunny:

Grandchild #8 (five on my side and three on my wife's) arrived early yesterday afternoon weighing-in at a comfortable 8 lbs. 4 oz. It's my youngest son's and his wife's first child and is a son -- the first who will carry our family's last name. My two other grandsons were born to my oldest daughter and carry their father's last name.

Oh Congrat's to you what a lovely christmas gift for the whole family! You sound like such a proud grandpa! :) Enjoy the new precious bundle of joy!

AP:)