The state might take my niece

ElvenPriestess

ElvenPriestess

And this is why. It turns out that my brother's g/f, who is the babies mother, broke probation one year ago. My brother helped her do it, too, they got caught doing drugs, and drug dealing was what she got caught doing. Now she WILL go to jail, and very soon. My brother can't work AND watch the baby, and he doesn't have money. So the state will take my niece when they arrest her. They aren't married because she's married to someone else. They can't even afford the baby, my mom gave them rent money AND paid for the lawyer she has for this whole court, probation, jail crap. Sigh. The one suffering is of course the baby. And it makes me very sad, I have never even seen her, as they live really far away from me. My brother can be so selfish and irresponsible. And the girl he's with is no better. They shut their bedroom door and smoke with the baby in the room with them!! What the heck is their problem?? And it's my OWN BROTHER! Grrrrrrr. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens to my poor little niece. I just needed to talk about it, get if off my chest and all. It bugs the heck out of me.

BIG hugs, EP. Not sure what is the "best" I can hope for in this situation...but I'm hoping for it, anyway.

Sometimes, don't you just wanna ask, "Howcome I'm the last sane person on the planet???"

that's some pretty crappy news to deal with, especially during a season that's meant to be festive. Hopefully, the state will be able to find a responsible relative who will agree to raise the little one and provide her a loving home.

meanwhile, maybe it's time to think about taking Bro and his chicky behind the barn and smacking upside the head for endangering the life of their child like that. Pendejos ... do your thing, but first make sure those who are most vulnerable are safe – like their daughter.

• Author
ElvenPriestess
that's some pretty crappy news to deal with, especially during a season that's meant to be festive. Hopefully, the state will be able to find a responsible relative who will agree to raise the little one and provide her a loving home.

meanwhile, maybe it's time to think about taking Bro and his chicky behind the barn and smacking upside the head for endangering the life of their child like that. Pendejos ... do your thing, but first make sure those who are most vulnerable are safe – like their daughter.

Funny you should mention that, my mom and step dad offered to take her back to CA with them, and they said "no." Yeah, I know, stupid isn't it? I just wanna give my brother a good hard kick right now.

• Author
ElvenPriestess
BIG hugs, EP. Not sure what is the "best" I can hope for in this situation...but I'm hoping for it, anyway.

Sometimes, don't you just wanna ask, "Howcome I'm the last sane person on the planet???"

You know, I ask myself that ALL the time. BOTH my brothers are drug addicts, it's drugs that have gotten them both in SO much trouble. And I'm the youngest! Sigh.

BOTH my brothers are ... in SO much trouble. And I'm the youngest! Sigh.

Well, maybe there's a case to be made for you to thank them for leaving all the "sanity" in the family gene pool for you to fish out? ;) Although I guess you wouldn't have minded if they'd each taken a *teeny* bit for themselves.

We'll just continue to keep our fingers crossed and hearts open for your niece, shall we?

Funny you should mention that, my mom and step dad offered to take her back to CA with them, and they said "no." Yeah, I know, stupid isn't it?

well, I imagine it's all gonna be out of their hands from now on! How is your mom taking this?

• Author
ElvenPriestess
Funny you should mention that, my mom and step dad offered to take her back to CA with them, and they said "no." Yeah, I know, stupid isn't it?

well, I imagine it's all gonna be out of their hands from now on! How is your mom taking this?

My mom is very hurt by it, she's visiting them from out of state right now, and she's paid there rent, thousands of dollars for a lawyer, etc. And my brother I just found out stopped working. So they now have no income. He pretty much told her she's in the way, but she's gonna stick it out and wait to see about taking the baby back home with her. Only thing left to do is wait for the official upcoming court date.

your mom may have success petitioning the courts for temporary guardianship now that they are removing your neice from their custody.

This was what I was going to say. Any judge would rather see a child go to a responsible grandmother than end up in protective services. If your mom wants the child, she needs to act fast and start the petition for it.

she's gonna stick it out and wait to see about taking the baby back home with her.

sounds like Mom has the better parenting skills of the both of them. Wish her luck from us, and that we'll be sending prayers and positive thoughts her way – it can't be easy trying to do what's right by the little one when her heart must be getting ripped out by her own idiot child.

sorry. mustn't be judgmental here!

• Author
ElvenPriestess

No no. You're fine, he is being an idiot. He doesn't want to work, he lies to his girlfriend, and he uses everyone. I really do appreciate everyone's support, it helps. :-) I'll let you all know how it turns out.