What a Shock!!!

Maybe the anger is over i dunno.

Called my daughter Saturday and had a nice conversation. I hung up, remembered i needed to ask her something--so i called back only I dialed EW cell by mistake. (theres only 1 number difference in the two).

She answered and I kinda knew i was stcuk as she can see the incoming #, so I said Hi. She said hi back. Thinking quick i said, "i have an extra ticket to the football game tomorrow, would u like to go with me?" I grimaced expecting the worst.

She said, politely, "no i really cant this weekend, i just started a new job, am working 70 hours aweek and Im just really tired". i said "ok i can understand that, so Ill talk to you later.

Finally--a decent word out of her. I mean she almost acted like she would consider it. I expected to hear 'DIGGER WEVE BEEN THRU THIS!!! FORGET IT!!

I DONT THINK SO!!! But it didnt even come close to that. I thot well maybe she was in her cubicle and couldnt scream at me being at work. But she coulda hung up or said the above in a condesending tone.

Btw, my daughter told me the EW told her several weeks ago, she really wished she could be freinds with me but she cant cause im sooo emotional over her. After 24 yrs shouldnt i be???? Maybe im hoping for more than i should...or...maybe time heals all and the healing is beginning. Any take on this?

Please don't take this as harsh, because it's not meant to be. I think you are still emotional. I think the healing is still on the horizon. The reason I say this is because had the healing begun, I think you would have said, "Sorry, I meant to call Daughter back."

Your ex was cordial because she wants to be friends. She could be tired of being mean. *shrugging*

maybe!!

i say maybe too....no one really "knows" anything...this is a great place to get it out and hear different perspectives..

one perspective...no way!!! that doesnt mean you arent getting something out of these communications..no ones posting here because they have to, but if you like being able to lay it out, just do it!!!!

good luck

Awwww, c'mon . . . Do you want me to give you false hope and say, "Oh, yeah, she's really into you!" when chances are - and they are just chances - that she isn't?

I can only go by what I read. I don't know her, but I am a woman who left her husband and wants to remain friends with him for two reasons: 1) Life is too short to be angry at a person forever. 2) I want us to be able to "breathe the same air" when our children start having family functions that we are both invited to.

If she is like me (and a few others that I've read about), she loves you or cares about you like a family member, but not a husband. I'm sure that you both deserve better than that.

IMHO, healing begins when a person stops holding on to false hope. The only way you will know whether it is false or not is to ask her. You said that she has told you that the two of you "have been through this before." So, if you think she's changed her mind, ask her because no one can read it.

I'm sorry that you have a broken heart. I'll refrain from commenting further. There is no need to look for another site.

i think i'll find a website where at least someone might say 'maybe'

We know this has been hard on you, & we're very sorry about what all you've been going through.

But how cruel would it be for anyone to raise a false hope, only for it to be subsequently dashed! We all like to think that there is some hope, of course. Unfortunately, I have failed to discern anything in your writings that would lead me to believe it at this time, & the other posters seem to concur.

We're here to help you cope with these feelings, & to help you strengthen & move on with your life.