LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Unsure about attending a party where STBX might be...

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cersei
  • 2 Post By d0nnivain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2017, 9:59 PM   #1

Unsure about attending a party where STBX might be...

Hi All,

I am in two minds about attending a birthday party that my estranged husband (separated for almost 8 months now - no chance of reconciling- no contact only about sorting financials) could possibly attend, I know him and his family are invited but would not have a clue if he or any of them are going or not.
I want to go because I want get back to being social, hold my head high and be the smiley person I usually am. (pretty much fake it until i make it)
I don't want to go because I'm not sure how I will go about possibly seeing him, I am worried I wont be able to handle it and will be too emotional. How do you act like a stranger towards someone who you have been with for the last 8 years...? Things did not end well at all between us. I know he will be great at at making me feel like i don't exist because in his mind I don't exist anymore.
I know I will have good support as some members from my family are attending as well.
I know no one can make the decision for me..but would love any inputs..

Thank you
discarded00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 10:14 PM   #2
Established Member

Go and hold your head high. You deserve some fun too. Who knows, he may not even go?

If he is there say hi and no more than necessary.
Not sure if it's in your best interest to drink too much if he is there. (If that is your kind of thing) That could get a bit unpredictible.
Have a good time and keep us posted,
Cersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Established Member

If you are not ready to face him, you are not ready.

How close are you to the hosts? Will that person share with you whether your STBX RSVP'd? If he's not coming, go & have a blast. If he is going, either go early & leave early or try going late in the hopes of missing him.

Do whichever you think will give you more long term peace. Sometimes facing a fear takes all its power away.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote