LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Divorcing because of possible mood disorder,

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2017, 8:21 AM   #31
Established Member

Be careful if you get Benzo's prescribed (Ex: Alprazolam, Lorazepam) Very addictive and hell to come off of them. I have seen that first hand. I would suggest meditation and yoga. Even for men, yes! Plenty of physical activity.

A low-dose anti-depressant can help and doesn't have to be forever, but during this difficult time. You can wean off later if you choose. There are plenty that have an anti-anxiety factor as well. You may have to try several before finding the right one for you.

Sometimes I take Benadryl at night when I can't sleep. Not enough sleep is a huge factor in not being able to cope.

My son started drinking Kava Tea. It has a sedative and calming effect. You could try that in the evening.

Good you are spending time with your son!! Enjoy!
MidlifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 2:10 PM   #32

I am not considering any prescription drugs at this point. I purchased some 5-HTP and will start taking it today. Hopefully, it will help.

The therapist guided me into the right direction by saying that my wife is thining all positive or all negative.

She is most likely suffering from Cognitive Distortions. Does anyone have any idea how long those phases last? Will they go away without treatment?
damol111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:04 AM   #33
Established Member

Hi Damp, if you have a sleep problem you could try Melatonin, of course under a doctor's supervision. Melatonin is actually produced by the body itself in normal course but stress can disrupt the proper production. It is non addictive. Best wishes.
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote