Life after divorce, how are things going for you?

Hey people.

Been nearly 5yrs for me since we separated and then divorced.

Gotta admit, it has been an emotional, financial and decision time roller coaster.

Had a few years of zero existence afterward, well apart from dealing with the house and emotional and financial aftermath, working this new life out with my daughter too and helping her through, myself too.

Few yrs after , renting alone apart from d coming and going.

l probably would've partied it outa my system but there was just nothing much going on.

Few yrs and l dabbled in date sites a few mths , made a few friends but nothing else.

One was coming and going from the house for awhile but we weren't a thing , not in my eyes anyway but she had differnet ideas and so that was out the door.

Also spent a bit of time with mates and brothers, tried to get into things but that's such a time thing, heart wasn't in it.

Later, met gf , suddenly it was as if both our lives had all been about bringing us to this point in finding each other.

16mths and sadly that hasn't worked out for different reasons sooooo, just taking some time out in that area right now, hasn't been long.

nearly 12mths ago decided to try for another house of my own. Daughter and me talked a lot about areas and looked around before hand for 12mths or so. l needed something as close as l can get to her , that l can afford, and that l like the town and spot.

Our areas made up of lots of smaller towns all scattered around the one bigger main town.

Eventually found this one the mostly fitted the bill.

Have been with gf right through all that until just recently so now it's just me and d comes and goes, not as much as l wish, she's 16now, bf, friends, teening , guess l gotta let her live and grow .

So l've been just renovating , working, bit of hiking and times with mates , soul searching,

House wise l'm wondering since the split with gf, if l shoulda just rented again until d is 18, not long. Not sure if l've done the right thing.

Not like l rushed in it'd been 4yrs but she'll probably move God knows where later when she leaves home anyway.

l was hoping to settle again here though and have a solid base she could always come home to as well. Atm , 50/50 but if life happened again in the future, someone new maybe, it'd be a beautiful place to live o now that l am here l might just see what happens for now, finish the place off.

l love renovating but l don't think l'll be doing another one after this, bit over it.

Anyway, that' about it for my stuff right now, such as it is.

How are things going for you ?

ps , must amdit ,don't see a lot of married couples l actually envy too much, dunno if l ever wanna go that path again, although gf and and l talked a lot about it, which surprised me about my self after everything else so who knows l guess. That showed me right person , never say never.

Edited by Chilli