Hello

I have visited this forum on and off over the past few years. Generally when I am feeling low or seeking advice.

I have not posted before so here goes.

My w had a 6 month PA around 7 years ago (we are both aged 39 and married 14 years)

We seperated for around 1 year and have been back together ever since.

Now my problem!? and the reason I am posting.

We have a mutual female friend.

We have become close and we have kissed on one occasion. I know my w has told her that she had the A.

I have told the friend that it could not go any further as I know the pain this causes to everyone involved.

It was very mutual not forced by her or myself.

It feels like it has been building, it didn't just happen.

I know all too well that these things just don't happen.

I know this is wrong and nothing good will come of this.

I just wanted to put this accross to the group to see if anyone else has experienced similar.

Thankyou.

I know this is wrong and nothing good will come of this.

Perhaps you answered your own question?

• Like 2

Look down the road, are you seeing you with your wife to be together till death do you apart? Affair is not a good things and will cause a lot of pain. You are starting it because you are not content with your current life. If you would like to stay in your marriage, actively work in it rather than looking around. Even you will get out of it, the affair is not the solution anyway.

It can't be undone but you have the potential to do it again. Your safest option is to get into therapy.

You know what an affair can do - you have experienced it first hand. So, ask yourself, are you willing to throw it all away?

Like others mentioned... you don't just go out of your marriage just like that - something causes it. You are not happy, or you still resent her for the affair.

Whatever it is - get your priorities straight and either fix the problem or seek your happiness elsewhere, affair or not.

Good luck.