Is it time to leave the marriage?

My husband and I have been together 13 years and are still as divided as the day we met. We are divided on family, hobbies and finances. He is not a cheater and very trustworthy, but I have never fit into his life. I feel small and insignificant being with him anymore, but still love him and see the good qualities he does have. I have tried talking, crying, writing letters and moving through life as things were fine. Nothing has changed. I would appreciate any advice.

Calmandfocused

What do you mean when you say "divided"? Difference of opinion? Arguments? Or just not feeling like you're a team?

From the little you've written here, Im not convinced divorce is the right answer. I'm thinking more of a self esteem issue may be at play here? Is it more about how you feel and less about what's actually "wrong" in your marriage?

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree here with so little to go on.

I would strongly suggest marriage counseling. A good therapist could help you two decide if the marriage is worth saving.

Hi Smith, as Calmandfocussed said, you have not elaborated on what your differences are and what the word 'divided' means to you. If you can specify what exactly is the problem then the good folk here can offer you some meaningful advice. Otherwise as basil asked "Why did you marry him"? Cheers!

The family and hobbies is something you get to know in the beginning if you are compatible are not. Most cases financial handling as well, but some can hide it for a long time.

Why did you marry him ? I know the answer to that. Hoping he will change or you will be able to change him.