Divorce and kids

How do you get over your exh abandoning the children? I am having a really hard time with this. We have been separated for 3 years! I have my papers submitted to the court but he has not submitted his and they have yet to grant me any kind of divorce. That being said he left, moved in with the girl he cheated with and acts like we don't exist. I'm fine if he does it to me and the kids are still sad about it and seemingly used to his absence. It seems I am the only person (his side of the family and mine) that has heartbroken emotions attached to his abandonment of the children. Any advice to help get me over this please share!!

You're pining for a lost cause. You have married and had kids with a douchebag. Don't expect from people like that. Focus on your kids. There's a lot of single parents out there. If he wants your kids, he should be the one making effort, not you. Leave him to his little hell and let Karma deal with him.

• Like 1

I am assuming from your opening post, that the kids don't ever see their dad. File your divorce papers asap and the courts will make him see the kids.

As for you wanting him and the marriage back for you, that is probably a lost cause. You have to let it go.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hey thanks for replying! my original posts were from a long time ago. I have been dealing with this for about 3 years now I am def better off without him and in no way do I want him back in my life. My papers are filed with the courts but they are waiting for his (I am representing myself due to cost).

In the passed 3 years he has barley seen the kids and has stood them up multiple times. Saying he will pick them up from daycare and always being a no show. The last time he didn't show my daughter told me she didn't have her hopes up Bc she knew he wouldn't come. She looked embarrassed and heartbroken all at once.

He said he wanted to pick them up this week and I told him he can no longer pick the kids up from a third party Bc them they have to be privy to the schedule and have been let down so many times that I'm not going to put them in that situation again. Said he can pick them up from my house Bc I don't have to tell them he's coming until right before he gets there in case he changes his mind.

He's been gone 3 years with the girl he cheated on me with and has never introduced her to the kids or incorporated them into his new life. It doesn't make any sense to me...I'm trying to make some sense of it for me for them, he talks a good game but never backs it up, that's what has me going round and round. I just want to do what's right for the kids and I'm not sure what that is...I know what's right for me and that's to cut him out of my life completely and never talk to him again...but not sure if that's right for them even after all of their disappointment.

Edited by littlemama77