Seperated with paperwork for 2 months

It was a miserable marriage. Im embarrased to say how long I made myself stay. After rocks being thrown through my car windows, all things of value to me pawned off at pawn shop by her, after all the lies and financial destruction, after she hit rock bottom and ended up in the looney bin, I decided it was time to leave. I lost my home, my pride and myself. Now I am alone, but at least I am away and I have accepted the fact that life as it was, is no more. How long should I wait to begin dating again. Am I even "marketable" to other female singles? Am I damaged goods? Being alone sucks.

You're not damaged goods. Seeing yourself that way will not be attractive to others. Take time to breathe and relax. You've been through a lot. Don't rush your healing. Learning to content with you is the greatest thing ever. Don't rush into dating seriously. You can start the life you always imagined now. Find your peace and get excited about your new journey.

• Like 1

Yeah, please don't shack up with the first available person. Unfortunately in my experience people who are conveniently available are that way because no one else wanted them. It will take time to find someone great. Keep working on yourself.

I lost my home, my pride and myself.

Gain these things back first, then start dating. Heal and grieve.

I feel ya. Divorce is tough, even if you're leaving a terrible marriage. Prioritize yourself before bringing anyone else into the equation. Dating too soon can lead to repeating the same mistakes, or simply disaster.

I found two years to be a reasonable time frame... Doesn't mean you can't associate with your gender of dating choice. Just learn that when you are healing... its for yourself...

another factor is age group... most of us who divorce later in life .., seem to be A-ok with being self sufficient and independent enough to enjoy life .

I found that guys who can be less emotional or condescending when speaking of the ex... have indeed healed and learned to move along... no matter how ill behaved the other was... they rise above it. :)