Husband on conditional green card left me i filed for divorce

Hello my husband left me after one year a few days before our anniversary. He got a restraining order against me for showing up at his place wanting to reconsile two weeks ago. Today I filed for divorce. Will his greencard be at danger? Should I let him know? We have been in no contact for a few days as he said we will never get back to gee the and to never txt or call again

You don't have to let him know. He will find out when he gets served, and being served is what he'll be expecting, since he has been telling you that there's no way back and reconciling is off the table.

His green card will not be in danger unless there's evidence that the marriage wasn't entered in good faith.

• Like 1

His green card issues are not your problem.

He told you never to call again and has a restraining order. Why are you even thinking about his well-being?? Just file.

• Like 1

Who cares about his green card? That's his problem not yours.

You need to talk to a divorce lawyer who knows about immigration immediately. When you signed part of his green card application as his future spouse you made certain promises to immigration regarding his support (which you probably didn't even realize). Over and above alimony ICE can force you to pay him money every month.

Hello my husband left me after one year a few days before our anniversary. He got a restraining order against me for showing up at his place wanting to reconsile two weeks ago. Today I filed for divorce. Will his greencard be at danger? Should I let him know? We have been in no contact for a few days as he said we will never get back to gee the and to never txt or call again

i agree you shouldn't worry too much about his green card unless you are feeling guilty. I'm sure he is more aware of his immigration status. I'm just wondering why would he give up on the marriage before and jeopardize his immigration status and you are feeling bad for him? you must have done something very bad that made him leave