Tired of it all

i am gutted

hi all.......6 months down the track now.

just feeling exhausted - emotionally........am getting angrier at things that previously would not really bother me.

I have had head down butt up working as much as I can and to be honest my fortnightly pay equals to his weekly pay. He doesn't offer to help out and maybe I shouldn't expect that but I sort of do.

he has himself, his place, nice stuff - daughter said he has everything he wants, lots of new stuff and I am trying to pay off everything on my own.....her school fees, etc.

I feel I am sour now. I am trying very hard to be positive I really am but I go to sleep thinking about whats happened, wake up and its the first thing in my head and now I am bl***dy dreaming about him or the situation.

sorry for the rant.over and out

Majormisstep

Hey Gutted,

I feel your pain. My stbxh went on a buying spree of man toys (dirt bikes etc.) after our split.

This sour feeling is temporary. Everything is so overwhelming right now. You will get to the place where you just don't care what he does, as long as your daughter is taken care of.

If he makes that much more money than you...doesn't he have to pay alimony?

• Like 1
  • Author
i am gutted

hi...

yes he pays child support which is paid to me each month.........

we did discuss doing a private arrangement but my FIL said we should do it thru the proper channels - which I did.

I suppose the thing is that it feels like he has got away from us without having to be responsible anymore for the kids. Yes they are young adults but they are still our kids.

its pretty heartbreaking when you go to the supermarket and don't have enough money and your son breaks out his card to pay. He is a great kid and I feel bad because its not his responsibility to carry but he does help out or offers to.....He does pay a little board each week.

I had an appointment today for my eyes and ended up needing new glasses......so there is 500 there. he said he could pay and I could pay him back.

major, I hope you are right and that this is a temporary thing, I do feel very overwhelmed and bogged down.......I do try to keep busy most of the time but at the moment I am tired of it.

he piddles around happy as, doing his own thing like he always has done since we been together. he never went without.