I came here to say - you can do it

ArtIsMyThing

In amongst a medical crisis - he ended our marriage. I have never known such fear - i have never known such pain. I wept and swung emotions for a very long time - i wrote of love - i wrote of hate and i painted.

My medical crisis's are over - i got the all clear - i lived when i should have died.

My marriage is over and not only have i lived - i have thrived.

The best advice i can give anyone is to accept that everything you feel is normal - from the deepest feeling of love - to the most hurtful feeling of anger and revenge - to the desire to die - to the lack of wanting to live or even finding reason to live. Everything is normal and you are normal.

Grief is worked thru in many different stages.

Do not act out on any of the emotions that you are feeling. Beg once, beg twice but on the third time - turn your phone off.

In the end i had to come to realise - he is not a bad man - he is a good man - there is a reason why i love him so very much and i will always love him and that is ok but what is also ok is that it is over.

It is ok that he now has a place in my heart where all things from my past have a place - but i am finally free to not need his love - to not need to replace his love with anyone.

By not needing love, that frees me now to self love, and opens the door to genuine love and not rebound feelings.

15 months down the line i am still alone and i am happy to be having that experience, getting to know my strengths and my weaknesses have all fast become my strengths.

You can do it. You can and you will get past this.

Blessings of peace and acceptance to you all.

And - Art is still my thing :)

• Like 9

Hey Art Is My Thing, I have been struggling with the loss lately. It was Fathers day that triggered it. No communication with ex and thankfully!! Communication with my beautiful and sweet step-daughter though. I wanted it and she wished me a happy one and it hurt to remember what I forgot. It still hurts.

You are right of course, we need to forget and move on, nothing is getting better in the old stale relationship, I have decided to move on just for myself for the time being and hope it doesn't stay that way but like so many things in my life, it will most likely do so just because I don't want it...not to be too negative.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your life is going well and that you can do what you love because that's so important!! Thanks for your wonderful message! :D:D:D:D See? Smiling!!

Ken