minnesota59

My question? I have a part time job for the summer.(i work for a school district August to June)

Am i wise to keep it, or will the courts make me split it when this is FINALLY over?? Im in desperate need of income because i make a very meager salary compared to stbxh..

Any and all advice is appreciated..thank you.

It depends. Laws vary from state to state If you are already separated, you may be entitled to it. It may be factored into equitable distribution & the need for future support. Don't not work because of this because even if you aren't working but the court concludes that you are capable of working & earning some type of income, the court can hold that potential income against you even if it's not actual money in your pocket.

Do what you need to do to support yourself. Worry about future splits later.

DivorcedDad123

Any attorney worth their salt is going to request that your income be imputed at minimum wage, regardless of how little you make, as long as your able bodied and can work.

Income during the divorce, with no court order, isnt going to be split by either party. The only thing would be child support if you're physically seperated and have children. The party with custody of the children can then ask for retroactive child support to the date of seperaration. Its not guaranteed though.