Interpreting this text out of the blue...insight !

I've started a few threads on this website lately, and because I cherish everyones feedback, I'd like some insight into this...

After not texting my ex in over a month and a half, and vice versa, I received this text at 2 a.m. Saturday morning that just passed. When we were still in contact in October, she knew I was dating someone...actually, just getting to know her...my wife and I met her in the past at a party. During my week of dating this girl, I never slept with her, although I told my ex wife I did!...to gauge her reaction, ..actually, I didn't even kiss her...then we parted ways after about a week...the text I received from my ex wife reads like this:

"I was out tonight and ran into V_____. She started to tell me how she f***ed you. I changed the subject to talk about her kids, but she kept trying to tell me how she slept with you. Who does this?"

Why this text?...why at 2 a.m. and not the next day?...one of them is lying... We haven't spoken in over a month, and then this. She texted me she wanted space in mid march, and to stop texting her so I did...said she was trying to work on a relationship....I don't get it...and I don't know if she's in one or not either, since I do not associate with her friends or family. I did not respond to this text, but it does have me wondering...why?

Any insight into this?

BetrayedH

Just one possibility:

Maybe she ran into V and your wife said something about V sleeping with you, which V then denied. By sending this text, your ex may be trying to bait you into admitting (in writing) that you said they slept together so she can show V that you've been bragging about sleeping with her, when you really didn't.

• Like 1
  • Author

Interesting...never thought of that...

although I did sit with V at a bar the other day...she was people I knew...V did mention she spoke to my wife, but only about kids...V didn't mention anything about the aforementioned incident regarding sex...this has me truly wondering...

KBarletta

Another possibility is that V was talking to your wife about the time she'd spent with you, which your wife now associates with you sleeping with her. So in her head, that's what V was talking about, when she may just have been talking about you. She may not have actually mentioned that you'd slept together, but because that's what your wife associates with that topic, that's the topic that was foremost in her mind during the conversation.

Castlemate

The fact that she needed to text you at 2am in the morning to tell you about this encounter means it bothered her. But it could be for one of two reasons 1) She's jealous or 2) she's really annoyed with this woman throwing your relationship in her face.

It's good you didn't reply. One things for sure, whether you slept with this woman or not is not her business and it seems she's fishing for some kind of response. Don't engage.

• Like 2
Akashsingh

Both of you are playing head games with each other. Thats all. There is no trust because of that and thats why you ended up divorcing. Be honest and change things around.