Going fine after separation then have 'crash down' moments

It's been 5 weeks since my partner abandoned me

I am going quite OK recently. But today was a BAD day for some reason, even though ive had a good/relatively joyous week.

Today though, upon waking, I felt that deep pain I haven't felt in a little while. It rid me the whole day. I had to pull over my car and bawl and bawl and cry for a good 20 minutes on my drive home from work.

And tonight I'm in my double bed alone eating a whole block of chocolate. I'm not usually like this (lately). I've been doing remarkably well with new sports/activities/social life

Today I want to isolate myself and am saddened by the whole thing and my self esteem is low.

Usually I excersize, but recently I haven't been able to

Anyone else seem to be doing well then have a "crash" where you just bawl your eyes out and howl with crying ?

Yes. This is fairly common. You will have good days (maybe a lot of good days in a row if you're lucky) but sometimes the bad ones hit you out of nowhere. I had a few good weeks, then the most recent few weeks have been really hard.

Recovery is not a linear process where you're constantly moving in one direction. You will take some steps forward, some steps backward, but overall you are on the right track.

I know exactly what you are going through, and I have been there, especially recently. But it will get better. The good will become more frequent, the bad will slowly fade into memory. Just takes time.

Hang in there. And when you have to cry, let if fly. Just don't dwell on it, or let it ruin your day. Sometimes I find it's good to just get it out and often it actually makes me feel better when it's over.

2.50 a gallon

We call it the roller coaster

It almost always catches us off guard in the morning just after we wake up

With time, the drops won't be as bad, as they slowly level out

Sorry you are going thru a tough day.

Some days you'll find that all of pain just sneaks up on you and all you can do is bawl your eyes out. Let it all out. Crying is one of the ways I used to help myself heal.

You'll have a long period of calm but every so often "the stuff" just over takes you. The whys and what ifs start.

Just know that healing is slow. ..you're doing good if it only five weeks.

For me , it's a year and I still cry and have tough days.

Hang in there.