The Harassment and Abuse Continues Throughout the Divorce Process

ShannonBanana

Hi All,

My STBX seems to want to continue his abuse and harassment from 9000 miles away by emails (new email addresses from the ones I've blocked to circumvent my blocking) and cornering me on Skype, despite his attorney and me repeatedly telling him to stop contacting me.

It's pretty distressing to have him always in my face because he's pissed about me standing up for my rights during the divorce process (he asked for the divorce and was having an affair) when he thought I would just slink away and take his manipulation laying down.

But I shouldn't have to live with this! I do everything I can to avoid him! I do not know why he is doing this. I keep hoping that if I can figure out the reason he will not just let me go. WTH?

I am considering a court order to have him stop. Anyone else have advise on how to handle this? Again, his attorney has warned him against contacting me.

Edited by ShannonBanana
  • Author

Any excuse he may have to contact me that should be directed to his attorney...harassing me about his spousal support grievances, etc.

Edited by ShannonBanana

Don't answer his phone calls, block him from any contact whatsover, then he will have no choice but to contact your attorney if he needs something. Just don't talk to him.

• Author

I have blocked him on every level. He finds new ways to circumvent the blocking. Annoying. I just have to erase everything.

No. Don't erase anything.

Keep copies of every contact he makes with you and give it to your lawyer - this can only help you in court.

• Like 4
No. Don't erase anything.

Keep copies of every contact he makes with you and give it to your lawyer - this can only help you in court.

Agree with this, you never know.

Why not lay low on social media for a short period of time? He may get tired of the games if you're hard to find...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author
ShannonBanana

Sorry, I meant shut down my email addresses and start a new one. I have everything we ever wrote to each other saved and archived, those aren't going anywhere.

It's just distressing to have him always in my face in one way or another when I moved 9000 miles away to move on with my life, at his request.

I wish I could talk some sense into this man but my voice falls on deaf ears continually.

IntrovertedLEO

Try your best to remain calm and don't engage with him. Let him keep burying himself as it only makes him look worse with every angry email/message he sends you :)