husband kicked me out, want to file but no money he is military

My husband kicked me out of the house, he is military we lived on base housing, i have no money so i had to use my credit cards to move and ship all my things, now i owe 5,000$ on the card from having to do everything in 2 days by myself. there was no cheating or anything involved he is abusive and aggressive he would always do this kick me out then tell me to come back, this time he meant it and everyone at his jobs only knows what he tells them who knows what he said but he acts victim so who knows what he said about me. I can't ask for help to his superiors because everyone is protecting him and not me, they don't give a darn about me. I have no job, no school (i had to drop off school even though i was only 4 classes away from graduating because i have no money to pay). I have no car because he would have to ship it, we were stationed overseas so the whole moving was really expensive, flight ticket and all. I can not support myself and now i have debt, he told me to only send 1000 dollars to the credit card not the whole payment, what do i do. I also have no kids just myself and a dog that he bought while i was there that i took because he can not take care of it ( in one of his angers he threw the puppy (under 6 pounds) across the living room and hurt one of his legs, so i took him with me, i can't even afford food for the dog and my puppy arrives today what do i do i feel so helpless.

please give me some advice, i can not rely on his superiors because they all gave me the cold shoulder once he kicked me out of the house, plus he makes more money in each check due to been married other wise he would make only 800 every 2 weeks, he is spending money going out as well i checked his credit card account once before i left and he wastes over 87 dollars each time going out. Should i tell this to him in an email to stop spending and ship my car, he won't do it, if i do he might block me out of accessing it. I don't even want to check his account because it causes so much harm.

what do i do please help me i am desperate i need all the help i can get i don't know where to turn to. I just got to the states and i am living with my parents but they can't help me they don't have a dime either.

Edited by YelloJane
WasOtherWoman

Is he going to file for divorce? If so, all of the debt will probably be split down the middle. Maybe make the minimum credit card payments until then.

In the meantime, sounds like you need to get out and get a job and start supporting yourself.

If your husband is military YOU have benefits also. Go to base legal and let them know what happened - ITS FREE, and you file for divorce. You don't go to his superiors, you go to legal, you go to base police. If what you are saying is true, this will be taken care of.

• Like 3
WasOtherWoman

Yes, for sure do all of these things, but for gosh sakes, get a job so that you can begin to be able to support yourself. Regardless of the outcome of this other stuff, you need to become self-sufficient, starting right away!!

• Like 3
  • Author
If your husband is military YOU have benefits also. Go to base legal and let them know what happened - ITS FREE, and you file for divorce. You don't go to his superiors, you go to legal, you go to base police. If what you are saying is true, this will be taken care of.

I left already so i can't go to legal what other option do i have? if he files for divorce through legal will it still be free, i know i am going to get super screwed anyway if he does it or doesn't, i am no longer overseas i am in the states physically he kicked me out and forced me to buy a flight ticket back to the states so i am here already. I don't have a dime i am super super broke. what other option do i have? i am desperate.

Call the base nearest to you for the branch he is in. It doesn't matter that you aren't where he is. Right now you are still entitled to benefits because you are his wife.

Ask about family counseling services for yourself when you call.

• Like 1
lollipopspot
i can't even afford food for the dog and my puppy arrives today what do i do i feel so helpless.

Is the dog getting shipped there from overseas? Let us know that it worked out.

What state are you in? There may be a pet food bank that could help you.

Where are you staying? How are you feeding yourself? Are dogs allowed there? Can anyone you know foster the puppy until you get on your feet?

You need to access emergency services in your area so you don't find yourself homeless, if that is a danger.

Call the base nearest to you for the branch he is in. It doesn't matter that you aren't where he is. Right now you are still entitled to benefits because you are his wife.

Ask about family counseling services for yourself when you call.

Do this.

I don't know what kind of command he's stationed at, but you can call them and talk to the CMC or his equivalent. They should be able to steer you in the right direction.

They aren't going to just listen to one side. If he exhibits certain behaviors at home I'm sure he's done the same at work at some point. I mean he bullied you into leaving your home which he had no right to do.

The military does care about their families. It's not a big good old boys network who only listens to the service member.