my wife left with our two year old and filed for seperation

ramblinmantim

After being sick for a weekend I confronted my wife about an addiction issue she has. She just picked up and left out to her parents. She had spent all our money so I can't even get a lawyer. She has pretty much taken everything and left me staying with friends. I don't want to bring up her issue in court but it seems to be my only card to play. I never hurt her in any way and me and my son are best friends. Oh......what to do!!!???

The only thing you CAN do! Protect you and your son! She walked away and she broke up the marriage, not you.

You need to work on getting back on your own two feet. You need to establish your own bank account. You need to separate finances and if you need to play that card to get your boy back and into a safe environment, then so be it. This isn't about you and her. It's now about you and him.

Get back up on your feet.

• Like 4
left me staying with friends.

If she's gone back to her parents, why aren't you staying in the family home?

What is the nature of her addiction? What treatment to this point?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2
  • Author
ramblinmantim

We rent a home and she blew all the family money on her $60 to $120 a day coke habit. No treatment, she is in denial. She also has a history of depression, severe at times, and the coke with the meds.....BAD. She is blaming it all on me of course. I'm not perfect but I'm a good husband and fantastic father.

We rent a home and she blew all the family money on her $60 to $120 a day coke habit. No treatment, she is in denial. She also has a history of depression, severe at times, and the coke with the meds.....BAD. She is blaming it all on me of course. I'm not perfect but I'm a good husband and fantastic father.

Then why aren't you living in the rented home with the kids? I'd involve Social Services if necessary...

Mr. Lucky

Do her parents know? If they do and are happy to have a druggie in their home and around their grandchildren, then you need to contact CFS and/or the police and inform them. If not, tell the parents and get their help in dealing with her.

• Like 1
lollipopspot
After being sick for a weekend I confronted my wife about an addiction issue she has. She just picked up and left out to her parents. She had spent all our money so I can't even get a lawyer. She has pretty much taken everything and left me staying with friends. I don't want to bring up her issue in court but it seems to be my only card to play. I never hurt her in any way and me and my son are best friends. Oh......what to do!!!???

Two things:

#1: You need to protect your son - bring up the issue in court - whatever it takes. Call child services.

#2: Your son is two years old and not your "best friend." Your son doesn't need friends right now. He needs at least one protective parent. The role of a parent is not "friend." It's protector, teacher, mentor, and nurturer.

Your son is gearing up for a hard life. Get yourself together.

Edited by lollipopspot
  • Like 2

If she or you already filed for separation, then her taking the child is probably not lawful. Go to your local Legal Aid center. They will counsel you and provide proper warnings on what needs done.

If though no separation has been started, you can still get her for abandonment in the marriage.... Seek proper counsel, there are some that do Pro bono contingencies.

• Like 3

You need to check this, but i think that coke will remain in the hair of the user, does she have long hair ?

Do you have financial proof of her withdrawing regularly good amounts of cash ?

If yes, go for it.

You don't want to hurt her, but what about your son ?

Do you think it's good if he is raised by a coke addict ?

Go and see a lawyer - a quick google search will help to find services in your area that can help someone in a bad spot financially.

A daily coke habit is quite serious, as I'm sure you are aware. Do you also take drugs? Are you employed?

Sad situation for this child. I hope you can sort this out.