Making my way through

Hope4thefuture

The worst day of my life was last March when my husband told me he was unhappy in our marriage, thinking of moving out, and he wasn't in love with me anymore. I remember thinking it was a horrible dream. I remember thinking if I just talk to him and make him see that if we work hard enough we can make it. I was embarrassed to tell others, even my family. I finally told my mom because I needed someone to talk to.

I tried reading books, searching the internet, anything I could think of to help me through this. Anything I could do to change his mind. I started IC to get support. At this point I was in denial. I truly thought we were going to make it.

He told me he would try, but honestly I felt it was one-sided. He was long gone, but my heart just didn't want to believe it. I cried, lost weight, finally started sharing with some friends.

He moved out in the summer. I recant my earlier statement. Telling our boys was the worst day of my life. It was awful and something I hope I never have to do again.

I started hanging out with my friends more, continuing going to IC, and focusing on my boys. I kept myself busy so I don't think about him. It hurts too much to think about him.

I feel like I think of him less every single day. I am beginning to detach. My world revolved around him. I know that is a horrible statement to make, and hearing it makes me cringe. I know going forward I will not allow myself to do that again. I am starting to feel like I can do this. I can be on my own. I am definitely lonely some days. I go out with friends, but I want to get a hobby or do something that interests me. I am not ready to date yet because I am still working on me. I am just taking it one day at a time. Who knows what tomorrow will bring and the day after that? But for the first time I believe that it can be good again.

Hi

So glad you made it through...really hope I get to where you are soon!

My wife has done the same...except there was another man!

I can't see a way forward but messages like your's really help us all!!