He Wants 80% of The Matrimonial Flat

My husband and I are going through divorce finally.

He walked out of our matrimonial flat 8 year ago and we had not seen or contacted each other since.

He filed the writ of divorce based on more than 4 years of separation which I fully agree that it's high time that we officially part. But it came as a shock when he asked for 80% of the flat which we agreed on 50/50 when we decided to separate.

He made the claim based on his cpf contributions. He had indeed paid 80% and I, 20%. But that was the only thing he paid throughout the years.

During our marriage and after separation, he has never contributed a single cent in cash. I had single-handedly paid through my nose for the renovation loan, furnishing, utilities bills, groceries, home maintenance, conservancy charges, phone bills, cable tv subscription, air-con servicing, all the way to simple things like toilet rolls and meals. I had to even pay for his bills and gave him money whenever he asked for.

I had stayed in our matrimonial flat for the last 10 years and had faithfully paid off all the bills and maintenance for the house. And after leaving for 8 years, he came back with a huge surprise asking for 80% of our flat that I had maintained for the last 10 years just becos he paid more in cpf.

I seriously need sensible and legal advise.

Please help.

Thank you!

Assuming you aren't in the USA, based on your use of the word "flat", I don't know what your laws there are. However, I can say that here in the US, you'd be a divorce lawyers' wet dream, if your ex really expected to win that case. I don't really know, but damn, that's a long time and a lot of your own investment. I'd be shocked if anyone could actually legally and legitimately gain 80% of that. What judge or commissioner wouldn't laugh their ass off at the audacity? From a purely legal standpoint, I'm interested how this ultimately works out.