Scared

Perfectly normal. I think everyone goes through that to one degree or another, some more and some less than others.

I think it's real common for people to feel deep down that they have this one shot at love and if it goes down the drain then their chances at love go down the drain with it and they will spend the rest of their days alone and destitute.

That is all entirely false and completely insane of course but it's still how people feel at the time.

its easy to feel that way after you've devoted yourself to the kids and husband for years and other areas of your life have been kind of overlooked but once you start getting out and doing things again and start interacting with people again the loneliness starts to fade and you start having fun again.

and there isn't any reason to believe that you won't meet someone special again in time as well.

Even though it's almost universal, the feeling of one chance at love is probably one of the most FALSE feelings there is in the entire emotional inventory. You just need to keep telling yourself it is a false illusion and get out there and start doing things again.

Movingforward2

Yes. Totally normal. I absolutely can't stand living alone and never have until now. I've always had my upbringing, my college roommates, living with my brother post college, to family life........to now. Alone.

I'm learning to be comfortable with it....but it still sucks.

I'm an only child and my mother raised me alone, and worked alot during that time.

Get yourself a hobby you can do from your place and you won't mind it at all. It has a reason why social networks are conquering the internet, it allows immediate interactions and maybe you'll find new friends (platonic friends, doesn't mean you have to meet them irl as soon as possible etc!). Or you could start doing sports at home.

Or you could go out of home - alone, no one outside will bite you, or at least shouldn't - and search for hobby-places there. ;)