Question

Me and my husband have just went to legal aid and filed for divorce. How long do I have to wait. I have never been through this before. How long willl it be before we have a hearing. I dont think I will be able to stay in the house and take all of his name calling and him telling me how bad Im going to have it when I leave and be on my own. He tells me this every day how I am going to have bad luck and that I am nothing but a whore and that I will be from man to man and that I will end up on crack ect... I am tired of this..I know I have not been an angel but Im no devil either.He just cant get over the fact that i am the one that has asked for the divorce and not him as he puts it..I have no grounds to ask him. I know what is trying to do, he is trying to put me down and think thaty I cant make it out here on my own. There is nothing that he has done. I just have fallen out of love with him. He says you cant fall out of love once you are in love it is there for good till death do you part.

Question 2. Will I have to pay him any child support or spousal support..He doesnt work. Never has had a steady job. (His last "real" job was in 1981) I have been taking care of him..he has and does under the table jobs. He is able to work if he chooses to. If anything wont the judge award custody to me since I am the one who is working no matter what he or the child say? We dont have a lifestyle, just hand to mouth since I am the only one that is working.. It takes it all for bills.

Talk to a lawyer at the legal aid office. They will know better than any of us exactly what the process is and what you probably have in store for you.

• Author

Thanks to all of you who have given me some advice. Me and my husband have gone and filed for a divorce as of Monday July14th at legal aid. Now we are just waiting for the attorney to call. Does anyone know how long it takes for the attorney to contact you . I know you have to wait 60 days for it to become final. I also need to know if the judge will sugesst child support. He doesnt want my money so there is no order for child support or spousal support. But he doesnt work and I have agreed to him having custody of our son. ( he does work on the side and gets paid under the table. He is a vendor)

There is absolutely no way anybody here can answer these questions. Call legal aid and they will advise you.