Am I being Blackmailed???

[sIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]After 18 years of marriage we are having tough problems. I have now moved out and am living with an old friend. BTW, no kids. In April she admitted to be having a sexual affair with a guy from her office. Since then she discovered that I was also cheating on her. Mostly with girls from Craigslist and I did have an adultfriendfinder account. Yes, I am guilty and we both need to move on. But now, she has moved her lover into my house that I am still paying for every month and i have no money. It is still a direct deposit. [/FONT][/sIZE]

[sIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]She say's "Give me time" and has threatened to expose all of my explicit e-mails to my work, friends and family. Isn't that blackmail?? Can she do this?? [/FONT][/sIZE]

[sIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]My friends tell me she is breaking the law and i should get a Lawyer. [/FONT][/sIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3]All I am after is to end it fairly and move on.[/sIZE][/FONT]

LakesideDream

Sadly for you, the truth is an absolute defense. As long as she sticks to revealing things you actually did, like the friendfinders things, and emails you actually wrote their ain't a derned thing you can do about it except whine.

Which brings up the real "moral of the story". When you aire your dirty laundry in public (via emails, and public accounts) you can't be upset when someone calls you on it.

Sounds like she's got a few I.Q. points on you bucco. Time to get a lawyer, and get the mess over with.

• Author

Yes, It is time for a lawyer and I do think she is blackmailing me. She is sleeping with her boyfriend in my bed in my house that I am making the payments on. Yes, I was bad but so is she. I just want an even breakup.

All I am after is to end it fairly and move on.

Hmmmm.... looks like she doesn't trust you. Imagine that. What could little ole YOU have possibly done to make her think she might get the fuzzy end of the lolly-pop if she cuts you a break? :rolleyes:

More than likely she's just keeping her hold card in case you decide to get sh*tty with her. Hell, sounds like she's got a pretty good reason for thinking you might.

Your best bet is to get a DIVORCE attorney and make your wife a generous offer. I doubt you'll be able to send her to jail without splashing the dirty laundry all over town.

i was just thinking...isnt there anyway you can get back those emails? You still paying for the house, so just go there and sneak it out. if not, maybe get some hacker that can break into this computer (if its in it) and delete it... well the best clean all hard drive...

I am not sure if lawyer is the best idea...she is still your wife and that can bite you back during divorce

:o

yup , your being blackmailed. yes she can do this but not legally. get an attorney and be ready for the dirt to come out. you know what though , even if it does , just let it , who cares. yea what you did was really not right being that you were married but that is no excuse for her to blackmail you . talk to an attorney and get it over with . you both were cheating on each other and she has taken it further and and is blackmailing you and getting you back by basically making you support her and her new boyfriend. blackmail is illigal period. also can you get into your house and steel the whole hard drive ? lol. then take it apart and destry the main memory physically then take it to the dump. either way get a lawyer and discuss your options. the option of not getting your private dealings out is not an option . it will be out. just be prepared like i said.

Mostly with girls from Craigslist and I did have an adultfriendfinder account.

This? I could somehow, possibilly find a way to live down! LOL!

Of course this is coming from a guy who could care less if the sun doesn't shine!

I'll care about someone's else opnion of me ~ if and when they start paying my bills.

But now, she has moved her lover into my house that I am still paying for every month and i have no money. It is still a direct deposit.

Being the kind of guy I am, I'd be moving my azz back up in there, and we'd all just have use a grand old time! Ain't no ******* way, I'd be footing the bill for some sorry SOB, to be laid up in my house, eating off of my plates, sitting in my recliner watching the game on my TV, drinking my beer, wearing my boots kicking my dog around and scroggin my STBXW with me footin' the bill!! All the whilie I'm crashing on some buddies couch, waking up with a back ache every morning! I don't give a damn what she told anyone about me! She could tell anyone, anything she wanted to! I wouldn't give a damn!