Birthday gift from the heart?

NedFlanders

My ex who I am still in love with invited me to a small dinner she is going to have next week. Small as in it's just our best friend and her boyfriend.

Anyway gift ideas one I'm going to buy her a under armour camo cap that's the simple gift but the other is from the heart. She always said her best memories was when she was little helping her Grandpa on there farm. So I was thinking of getting a artist to draw a farm with a barn on it and a tractor with a grandpa walking and holding the hand a little girl and have it framed.

What do you think? Any other ideas? She is not the girly girl type. She is more of a country girl.

Anyway gift ideas one I'm going to buy her a under armour camo cap that's the simple gift

Sounds nice.

but the other is from the heart. She always said her best memories was when she was little helping her Grandpa on there farm. So I was thinking of getting a artist to draw a farm with a barn on it and a tractor with a grandpa walking and holding the hand a little girl and have it framed.

What do you think?

I think this is a little bit too personal and too romantic of a gift. It's very thoughtful and sweet, but it's too much from someone who is not her boyfriend or romantic partner.

Just get her something simple. The cap sounds like an appropriate gift and I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

I think as long as the ex doesn't have a BF or a SO that she is intimate with then your gift ideas are great.. however...

If she is seeing someone else then you are over stepping your bounds with the gifts..

If she is seeing someone then a bottle of wine is more appropriate.

Good Luck...

• Like 1
trustyourself

Can you clarify something? Is it your best friends boyfriend that will be there, or your exes boyfriend?

If its the former, something really thoughtful is great! If its the latter, I would not present that to her in front of her boyfriend. It will make things awkward.

todreaminblue

its a beautiful idea..but i agree with art critic...its over stepping boundaries if she is with someone its an extremely intimate and emotionally familiar gift...

but so lovely a thought.....makes me feel teary.....i was close to my grandparents too......and would feel overwhelmed with love for a gift like this not only for memories seeping forward...so i do agree that its a gift to give to someone who is not attached...the gift will create a strong emotive response......deb